1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avebury Rocks - July 9 2011

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Dec 26, 2010.

1. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

I've just emailed it over to you xxx you must have received the information ify ou know what number youa re xxxx

Last call for walkers

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Tks

Tks. Had to buy a new comp recently when the motherboard went on my old one and lost some stuff I think

Chrs
    Andi

3. SimonF

SimonF I've got a zappy little nappy

Nick has given the OK for this to go public, so for all those who didn't get to enjoy this on the tour, here's a bit of video from Manchester Academy on 'Rapture Day'!

[youtube]QMv_3hQCX1E[/youtube]

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Rather feckin' cool - Mr. Harper himself has plotted the route and taken photos along it for our Google Earth enjoyment :thumbup: Linked now from the Love Hope Strength page of Harperspace:
    http://www.harperspace.com/nick-harper-lhs.html

I've been playing with it (ooh err) and it's really great to be able to visualize where we'll be going and what we'll see along the way :)

5. katrina

will be emailing that out to all shortly today xxx

6. dotjay

dotjay I've got a zappy little nappy

I don't know if I should be scared or excited… or both! Mind you, that's how I usually feel about Nick Harper gigs!:biggrin:

SimonF, thanks for posting that video… I loved that song at the Bristol gig and wanted to hear it some more.

scotpaulabear, thanks for posting the lyrics… I had bits of it going around my head but couldn't remember them all.

I'll see you at the stones!

Jon

7. katrina

Just to let you know that unfortunately due to the logistics of Big Country, Mike Peters will be unable to appear at the Avebury Rocks concert, as planned. This is due to the fact that Big Country’s stage time has been altered and they are now performing at a later time than originally stated, at the Oxygen Festival, Ireland on Saturday. This time change means that Mike is now unable to catch his flight from Ireland to England, in time to appear at Avebury Rocks on Saturday night. As you can imagine, Mike is very disappointed as he and wife, Jules had been looking forward to attending the event which has been so brilliantly put together by LHS veteran, Nick Harper. Mike offers his sincere apologies and hopes that all who attend Avebury Rocks, have a fantastic time.... Love hope and strength, Katrinaxxx

8. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Hey!

"I've got a feeling in my bones
    That I'll see you at the stones
    And after all we'll get to say
    That we spent one sunny day
    Of our precious, precious time
    With the other worldly wise
    Stood on sacred dirt
    On holiday on earth"

I'm glad Nick knows the Wiltshire weather so well! It's going to be sunny! :m3:

Andi [staying at Mildenhall Church Farm campsite] :biggrin:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  9. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Cheers! And hoist one with Nick for me!

Have a great time, Andi, SPB and friends!

10. katrina

Are we all ready to go :)

looking forward to meeting and seeing everyone again xxx

11. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Although the Google Earth thing is pretty cool ... it's still not very easy to see the whole overall route ... but luckily someone's created a pdf of the route ( not sure if I missed the announcement ) :

http://www.aveburyrocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/AR-Marshals.pdf

12. SimonF

06:15!
    [​IMG]

13. scotpaulabear

WE MADE IT :D I think all the Stormcockers finished and it was great seeing everyone. But as I'm now off to see Squeeze I'll have to leave you in suspense for more details lol.

But most importantly, Nick pulled off an outstanding event which looks to have raised over £20,000 for Prospect Hospice. What a star he is :biggrin:

14. katrina

15. Colin L

Colin L Computer stained fingers

Nice pictures everyone! Mine are on facebook, everyone should be able to see them (if you have facebook!)

16. dotjay

Well done, everyone! I had an absolutely ace day. Met some lovely people, had many an interesting conversation, and heard some great music. Although, somehow I managed to not meet Colin and Andi!

Nick, if you read this: Your mam's proud of you, and so are we.

Right, I'm off to put my feet in some warm water…

Jon

17. dotjay

18. katrina

well done everyone and still grinning like a cheshire cat :) xxxxx

sorry if I didnt have time to have full conversations with everyone but hopefully catch up soon.

All of you were absolute stars xxxx

19. SimonF

20. scotpaulabear