1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back From The Inca Trail Tour '09

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

oh its approximate... :p

"36 nights,
    36 venues,
    35 towns
    the one in 38 tour "

would have looked crap as a banner basically.. :p

:D

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Don't sweat it Dim, I doubt most people will bother counting anyway, they'll be too mesmerized :wink:

3. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Dim

I think he's/she's doing a wonderful job from the goodness of his/her heart. He's/she's obviously not as his/her name implies. And now you are bullying him/her sisters/brothers! Thanks for all your efforts Dim!

chrs
    andi

Just listening to Nick's live Whole lotta love bit... wonderful

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

He's a he!:biggrin: If you look at the LIM DVD, you'll spot him.
    I wondered why he was dim...but if you see his email address, it all becomes clear..:wink::D

5. dim

for those who dont have my email addy its my initials.. and theres two ways you can go, hide the fact and when people find out put up with the mickey taking or just go with it..

for years above my desk was a sign saying

"the light at the end of then tunnel is dim", so kinda play on words, the light is dim, or i am the light.. ;)

that then leads to where dim the light bulb comes from in his varying guises...

on a seperate note.. this thread still says inca trail tour, and frankly is a bit of a mess...

can we get a 1 of 38 tour thread, with the full tour list on the first page, and then stickied in this section of the forum please for any newcomers who may sign up...

6. dim

namedropper.. :D

youll also find me and jay mentioned in one of 3dm cd's.. we are rabidly (yes rabidly) becoming liner note groupies.. :D

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I can change the name of this thread as a mod, is that what we want? Probably a new one would be better...

8. aspwatterson

Not so dim then?

...and not afraid to impart your knowledgable opinion on here recently about how to improve things, which we respect. Some people seem afeard of voicing their views but it is an open Forum and we learn from each other. It's like a continuous education [or second childhood] if we use it properly reciprocally altruistically. Shame that I seem to unable to convert a lot of old friends to this new form of communication. Do you find that? Some people just accept they are computer blind and don't want to have anything to do with them? Mind you, my Dad prefered his wireless and I could never convince him to buy a telly until 1970 by the time I'd left home. Then when he eventually started watching it, got seriously addicted!

chrs
    andi

ps I agree the Inca thread trail was wearing a bit thin going back thousands of years. Like mountain boots.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  9. HarperPR

Leave my Incas alone, you lot!:biggrin: I have mentioned it to Paul with some suggestions about what could be done, so up to him. Points taken though.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  10. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Being dealt with - the ball is in HarperPR's court at the moment :biggrin:

11. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Come on Linn, get ya gavel out......! :smash:

12. HarperPR

critch, I told you yesterday about my 'official working hours'. No way can I get my gavel out at 8.27am!:biggrin: Give me a few hours.

But Skiddle update. My top 5:
    Worcester - 221
    Putney - 206
    Hereford - 166
    Portsmouth - 133
    Brighton - 102

13. dim

not sure in understood too much of that.. i think it was encouraging.. :D

one thing youll learn about me is i speak.. and then think.. the thinking usually follows several days later.. in fact sometimes not at all.. :D

14. HarperPR

Andi, what's this with 5,686 Buxton Skiddle views then?:confused1: You having a laugh?! I think Buxton was mine anyway, as an afterthought...so you couldn't see 'em!

To answer Ryan's comment on what's wrong with Wales. Nothing! Just how it works out and I'm sure Nick'll make up for it. And he did do Snowdon, Tenby and Hay (that's Wales-ish, isn't it, or near as) last year.

15. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hope not all 5,686 turn up! That'd be a squish and a half! Mind you, if that's the taking around there they need an arena....Echo arena, manchester evening news arena..and you know what's coming...skipton reporter arena!

16. aspwatterson

Skiddly do dah!

LINN/

It's true as I sit here watching the screen. Skiddle web visits - Buxton 5,745 , Basingstoke 248. Was going to phone Skiddle [or you can] and ask them to check what the hell is going on. Perhaps you put up Bilston instead? Perhaps web searchers are putting in Buxton mountain water and it's getting transfered to Nick's mountain exploits or something?

chrs
    andi

PS Linn you could post a note about Nick's tour on the Manchester City football site from the last pod notes. There definitely are some Harper fans there and t'would be a good bit of publicity...we may have to hire their football ground though to cope with the crowds turning up?! Roy may even turn up! How proud he would feel watching his son perform at Maine Road!!

PPS Yeah Buxton just jumped right up in the last 3 days..hadn't checked it for a while so don't if it was cumulative or a glitch. I would seriously phone Skiddle and query the fact.

PPPS And check the ticket sales/requests at the Venue maybe? I see Newcastle Cluny listed twice.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  17. HarperPR

Yes, you're right, I didn't do that one!

Hell's bells....5,745!:w00t:

There has to be something going on...?:confused1: No way, can that be right. Was that all of a sudden it jumped up massively?

I wonder if the infamous Dickie Burn has been there...?:wink::D

18. aspwatterson

Previous post re-edited

LPR/

Not sure how this Forum works with re-edits. So in case you missed the PS [and now PPS & PPPS] at the bottom added go back to my prev mssg.

chrs
    andi

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  19. HarperPR

Manchester City??? Dunno if I can go there!:D. If you or anyone else wants to put something up, that's fine.

PPPS And check the ticket sales/requests at the Venue maybe? I see Newcastle Cluny listed twice - please explain?

20. HarperPR

Please note everyone!

Please note that posts regarding the tour should now go in the brand new, shiny (waffle-free!:biggrin:) thread below on this forum.

Nick::The 38 Tour::January - May 2009

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.