1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back From The Inca Trail Tour '09

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I've been trying to plug the forums for Nick tour news on the RH podcasts as well :)

I want to put the tour up on the stormcock.net "front page" but wanted to wait until it was 90% in place as editing it is a right nuisance... what do you think, HarperPR?

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hey, I won't apologise for having been really busy but I am on the Myspace site now and it is under control, thanks. I'll put up the full tour dates as soon as I have them. And is this forum the best place to look for them? Some of these may not be totally confirmed even if they're on the net...

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I think the best thing for the front page is to wait until they are up on the main site. That way you have all the full tour dates together, confirmed and set.

I know fans want to know what's happening well in advance to make travel and financial plans etc for gigs, but sometimes dates get changed at the last minute or ticket prices are still being sorted so that's why they tend to go up all as a whole on harperspace.

4. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

Flyers/posters being uploaded as i do them.

http://www.dim.741.com/Sites/Pageplus/Flyers/nickflyers2008.html
    (or just go to dimspace.co.uk and click on nick2008 at bottom of screen)

If someone lives near a venue that doesnt yet have a poster done and can flyer a bit etc then let me know and i will add it to the list... only takes two minutes to do each one, just let me have ALL of the details...

Paula>> glasgow is on there now... pdf and jpeg - just check before printing...

5. HarperPR

And don't be fooled by Dim's little 2008 tease - they DO all relate to this year!:biggrin:

Some venues are doing their own posters, so maybe check first to save time and effort.

Would anyone in Sheffield area be able to drop some flyers into Jack's?

6. dim

ooh... thats a very good point.. will change that later...

twas 2008 when i started doing em.. it takes me about two months to negotiate a year change usually...

7. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Just out of interest, is there a site that you could upload them all to - i.e. like flickr or kodak or something that one could then order prints from? The ones I've suggested just deal with photos as far as I'm aware, but it might be useful for people if they're going to flyer, just to go online themselves and order a few hundred flyers! Certainly could have been easier for me when I was doing it in St H last year!

8. HarperPR

Full tour announced

All dates confirmed and up.

Who wanted more Southampton, and a Portsmouth, and a Liverpool, and a Hebden Bridge - they're all there! And Basingstoke - specially for Andi!

http://www.harperspace.com

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  9. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Ah, I see. That's why you wanted me to buy the Brighton tickets quickly (50 miles away) - so that I now have to go there and to the two gigs that are only one mile and twenty miles away as well! :thumbup:

10. HarperPR

:wink: Did you manage to book in the end for Brighton, Steve? It'll be a nice day out for you!:)

11. SteveT

Yep - both shows. I'll be as knackered as Nick if I get to S*uthampton the night before as well.

12. dim

erm.. could do.. not sure how financially viable it would work out..

one part of b&w is that it can be fairly cheaply photocopied or printed from either the pdf or the jpeg for about 5p-10p a copy... 100 b&w copies is about a fiver... cheap as chips, i find kall kwick are by far the best for copying b&w.. independants tend to be very tight on toner and you end up with grey posters.. ;) kall kwicks are always lovely crisp black... the last tour ones used in exeter where superb.. dont be scared if you go somewhere, ask for a single copy and if your not happy with it TELL THEM.. your the customer, your asking for a service... KK in exeter know not to mess.. i get lovely black copies every time.. ;)

if you can find me somewhere online that can roll em out cheaper than that then i will upload the images there...

(just looked.. flikr dont print for uk, and there partners are damn expensive... ive had a good loook round at flyer printers as your looking £50 per 1k ish, cos they automatically price for full colour, and the colour version of the posters was binned by the boss...)

if you can find somewhere im happy to put them there, but if costs are to be reasonable, b&w is far cheaper...

See what ya can come up with mate.. ;)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  13. HarperPR

Fantastic!:) At least you haven't got to sing and play guitar as well.

14. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

:52:Its not fair I will be in France for the three that are within 20 miles of me:36:

15. dim

so sort him a gig in france... theres a few days where hes got nothing to do... :beatdeadhorse5:

16. HarperPR

One of the 38 tour 2009

Having got quite attached to my working Inca title, an explanation for the flyers title.

One of the 38 works on three levels: it refers to the stupendous song of the same name (at present anyhow), relates to the epic LHS Everest trek and the number of participants...and...(if anyone hasn't yet spotted it!) why I left the 2 Scottish dates off to start was not to give away that there would be how many?...yes, 38 gigs.:) So each show is - 'one of the 38'! So now you know.:wink:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  17. HarperPR

Noooo!!! Don't do that! Then there won't be 38 anymore and all the PR plans will go up the Swannee!:biggrin:

18. dim

38 with the two scottish ones, or without... ?

cos i did the scottish posters without the 1/38 strapline...

oh noooooo... maybe there are only 36 again.... :D

19. HarperPR

Steve, will you also be at the Cellars? I think you'll want to: the support - if the guys haven't already told you? - is acoustic Visitors! Not the full monty, just Jim and another.

For general info, tickets £10 on sale for this date on March 21, will be available from Jan 26. As the last one sold out before the night here, it's another to book in advance for.

20. SteveT

I've emailed the guy to put some tickets aside for me but I've had no response as yet.

It'll be great with The Visitors again. Their set the other week was really good and lively but I felt a bit sorry for Emily Barker who could have done with a bit more hush around the place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.