1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back From The Inca Trail Tour '09

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

A belated happy new year everybody... just came up for air and got these gig dates up on my Absolute Radio (formerly Virgin Radio) VIP page, as well as the wonderful intro vid that Dave Burnham put together. Hope to meet some of you down the line in 2009. :biggrin:

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Tickets being printed so none 'physically' available as yet! I'm hoping to see The Vs tomorrow if I can shake off my cold and stop working.:)

3. HarperPR

Cheers, Marcie! Ever dependable. News has gone out to sites as well and when they go up I will then send the 'News' link to Absolute.

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Nick's tour...

My goodness what a tour! With so many gigs it must be a nightmare coping with all the extra work? Thank god for computers maybe? If there's anything I can do in Basingstoke let me know.Central Studios haven't put the gig up on their website yet, perhaps it's too early?

chrs
    andi

5. HarperPR

Funny you shoudl ask that, Andi!:wink:

I don't have time right now, but there were a few ideas Dim and I have been discussing, so he if he reads this first before I get back to it maybe he can put up those points (can you, Dim?:)).

6. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

one thing that has been discussed is getting all the gigs listed onto skiddle
    www.skiddle.com

so far exeter is on there and bar 1:22 and glee club have both been put on... would be good to get them all up there as skiddle send out regular emails to a lot of people (for instance just within 50 miles of exeter there are more than 2500 members) - long job to get all 38 on there though..

if people have half an hour to spare, and could register there and start putting the gigs on it would be really good...

probably better if people pick 4 or 5 to put up on there and post here first, so that others dont duplicate it...

quite a good write up on the glee one that could be used if people need some text...>>>
    "There are guitarists. And there are guitarists. And then there’s the man they call Harpic. Nick Harper.A virtuoso guitarist whose unique style, distinctively soulful voice and passionate delivery combine for a live performance that is at one spontaneous, enthralling and emotionally-charged. Biting satire, charmingly caustic wit and covers of anything from Zappa to Zeppelin, place Harper a league apart from anyone you may have seen or heard before. He’s worked with artists as diverse as Dizzee Rascal, the Levellers, Jimmy Page, Squeeze and, of course, his father, the celebrated folk artist Roy Harper. And played on stages from Glastonbury and the Royal Albert Hall, to Base Camp, Mt Everest and on the High Andean Inca Trail at Machu Picchu. A folk troubadour. An acoustic balladeer. With a touch of rock’n’roll on the side. As one journalist commented: “Go and see this man live and then you will fully appreciate the intense virtuosity of his guitar-playing, his soulful singing, the intimate brilliance of his song-writing and the bloody funny way he puts it all across.” What more could you ask?"

i shall endevour to do a few later..

done so far
    --------------------------
    Exeter phoenix
    Birmingham Glee Club
    Huddersfield Bar 1:22
    --------------------------

^^ if people do get time just requote that section.. ;)

7. dim

if i get time, i will knock up a banner web giffy animated malarky that people can stick where they will, in there signature on forums, on message boards, there myspace etc or wherever...

probabbly one day next week.. its been a while since i dusted off photoshop...

8. HarperPR

Phew, thanks for that!

Only *quite a good write-up*?:wink: I thought it was VERY good: I writ it.:D

Further to what Dim said, it'd be fantastic if everyone could muck in in some way and get this tour to sell out - 38 times!

Another idea from Sir Dim was if we could possibly get some hands on board with flyer distribution. Andi, for example, could you put a flyer on the events noticeboard at your Basingstoke library for that gig? Same in other venue towns: libraries, TICs, record stores, handing out if you're at a gig at the venue before - anywhere that's applicable.

Dim, could people do a basic printer/photocopier job on these flyers?

9. aspwatterson

Basingstoke 28/2/9

Have done Basingstoke Central Studio on Skiddle. Please check to see if it looks okay. Rather proud of myself as it's the first I've ever done!

andi

ps Yes I can do flyers/posters if you send me the format for download/printing.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  10. HarperPR

Oh, that's brilliant of you. Thanks, A.

Will sort out Basingstoke and pass to Dim so he can do the fiddly bits. Should have a PDF by...middle/end next week (? Dim).

11. dim

as soon as i get the details, they dont take long.. about 5 minutes each...

as for photocopying.. refer to my post about a page ago, places like kall kwik are good, theyre cheap but they dont skimp on toner, and you actually get black posters.. go to your local corner shop or wherever and they skimp on toner and you get grey wishy washy posters on cheap paper...

12. HarperPR

On the Skiddle site, shall we see how many different pics of Nick we can get up there!

Of the other listings sites, I'm ploughing through Ents 24, LastFM, Upcoming Yahoo, Brit Events, Where Can We Go and Gumtree.

There's Remote Goat and Gig Junkie that I haven't touched yet - anyone able to put some dates up on those? Also, local newspaper forums and town/county community forums.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  13. aspwatterson

Remote Goat

Because Central Studio Basingstoke don't seem to have a valid email address and Basingstoke don't exist on Remote Goat's town lists you can't include them as a venue on a RG prefixed postcode. Will try and get their email addy when I'm passing that way tomorrow unless you have extra resources at your fingertips of finding it? Have emailed Remote Goat [what a name!] to include Basingstoke on their town listings as well.

Have entered it on Gig Junkie and had to curtail Description because of length of blurb. Now bloody Gig Junkie have told me there's been an error which they have to investigate and get back to me [tomorrow prob?]. Maybe I didn't enter a www. destination to order tickets? Central Studio do apologise that their Internet option ain't up to scratch at the moment. This is getting more complicated as it goes along but am learning fast!

chrs
    andi

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  14. dim

Ive added the vic.. will try do a couple a day as time permits..

On skiddle so far
    ----------------
    Exeter pheonix
    Swindon Vic
    Basingstoke central
    birmingham glee
    huddersfield bar 1:22

if everyone can manage one a day (5 minutes work) well have em all done by the end of the week...

flyers as a reminder..>
    http://www.dim.741.com/Sites/Pageplus/Flyers/nickflyers2008.html

gonna work on an animated web banner probably tommorow for people to include in there forum signatures, websites, myspaces etc...

15. HarperPR

Like the pic with The Vic listing on Skiddle. Whose is it? Can I use too?

You missed out an 'r' in the name, did you notice? They get to you after a bit, typing them out again and again. I did one on LastFM and missed an 'N' so he turned out as 'ick'!:biggrin:

I haven't had time to register there, but are we able to go back and edit/add photo once posted? Be nice to get a pic with Basingstoke too.

16. HarperPR

Well, it's looking lovely and colourful here on Skiddle:

http://www.skiddle.com/search/keyword.php?keyword=Nick+harper&x=7&y=7

Thanks Andi for putting pic up.

17. dim

good going.. i shall do a few more tuesday onwards once im not under flyers...
    and then i shall finish the banner i had started doing for people to put in there sigs, on there myspaces etc.. :D

18. dim

oh to update people who are thinking about exeter.. it is advertised as standing, but it wont be, but it wont be the usual teired theatre style seating that the phoenix has.. so they cant sell it as allocated seats.. will be a couple of rows of tables, cafe style and then standing behind... should be cosy... :D

19. HarperPR

Finalised details for listings under individual venue posts for anyone putting dates up anywhere.

Paula, they are also now ready for MySpace (if you have already updated, sorry, haven't had chance to look yet!)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  20. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

They went up when they were up on Harperspace, will double check times, links. openers etc as need be...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.