1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC Breakfast

Discussion in 'Press and Media' started by tharper, Sep 17, 2011.

1. tharper

tharper She's The One

Roy will appear on the BBC Breakfast show, BBC One, Monday, 19th September, between 8:30am and 9:15am. As far as I can tell this program is not available on the iPlayer…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006v5tb

2. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

And very well he looked too. Isn't it amazing how many people are suddenly discovering they are lifelong Roy fans? Where've they been all this time - even the bloke sitting on the sofa reckoned he'd been a fan since Knebworth ...

3. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

I didn't see the feature - to sum up, what was it about? Was it just an interview, or did Roy play?

4. IanS

IanS I've got a zappy little nappy

I just caught the last part of the interview. Roy was commenting on the demise of the role of music in recent generations compared to an earlier ‘Dansette’ generation. The use of the internet has given new opportunities for current musicians but it still only appeals to a minority of the population. They then showed a clip of Roy performing ‘An Old Cricketer’. After the song Roy talked of his delight at being asked to the Test Match commentary box where he gave a lunch time interview. He was allowed to start the commentary as play restarted after lunch, but Roy admitted that he didn’t do it very well, explaining that it was much more difficult than he expected.

It was good to see Roy looking well, I’m looking forwards to seeing him on Jools Holand.

5. WrexTheDragon

WrexTheDragon I've got a zappy little nappy

I dusted the Betamax down to record this.
    While this was on I got an email from Amazon to say the CD has been dispatched.
    Need to see if the frequency tweaks have worked.

6. Sandie

Sandie Computer stained fingers

If anyone's techincally savvy and has saved a copy, could you upload it onto YouTube 'cos I didn't know about this until a few hours after it was aired!!! Thanks!!!!

7. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

8. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I recorded this on my BT Vision box, watched it, then couldn't actually work out how to put on DVD, hopefully someone will be able to record Later with Jools Holland tomorrow night :wink:

9. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

I have a recording of it I may be able to put up on you tube later.( edit; I see you managed :) )

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  10. Sandie

Sandie Computer stained fingers

BBC repeated it on the www, so I got to see it in the end!!!

11. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I managed to watch via the link on Roy's facebook page - nice one :D Thanks to whoever managed that.