1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC footage/DVD questions

Discussion in 'General' started by jkl2000, Sep 19, 2011.

1. jkl2000

jkl2000 I've got a zappy little nappy

Hello. Just signed up because I just watched the interview with Roy on BBC from this morning, which was a joy to see.

I wanted to ask a question - I don't think I've ever seen any of the BBC archival footage before that they used during this interview, but it all looks like such great quality. Is this available for purchase anywhere? Not to my knowledge, but I thought I'd ask. I think I have whatever's been released on DVD. I'm guessing I can watch that BBC footage on YouTube, but would love to have it on DVD if possible.

While we're on the subject, what about the Once VHS - is that ever going to be released on DVD? Or was it and I've forgotten? And there's that video that Roy released where he apologizes for the quality of it - was that included on the Once VHS? I used to have that because I dubbed a rental VHS copy years and years ago, but I feel like I also had a more official copy later. Or did I dream it?

Last, Amazon.co.uk has what they identify as a CD/DVD edition of the Counterculture compilation. Is that just an error, or is there an edition with a DVD, and if so what's on the DVD?

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions.

2. WrexTheDragon

WrexTheDragon I've got a zappy little nappy

Welcome to the forum.

The video was from the Old Grey Whistle Test and a Bob Dylan tribute concert the BBC did. I think the plan is to reissue some OGWT vids, but not sure if Roy will be on it. YouTube is your best bet.

The Once video was available as a vine? Not sure if it is still going.

I think it is just a CD version and not DVD on Amazon.

Hopes this helps, I am sure there are more on here who can fill in the gaps.

3. jkl2000

jkl2000 I've got a zappy little nappy

Here's the link to the Amazon.co.uk page that shows Counter Culture as a CD+DVD, just as evidence!:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/COUNTER-CUL...Z4LA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316446895&sr=8-1

Thanks for those answers. If someone can remind me what that is that I'm talking about - the video where Roy apologizes for the quality. WAS that on the Once VHS? Except I think the dubbed copy I had was from before Once (the album) was released. Maybe it was an extra on the Once VHS? Is there a complete Roy videography somewhere?

4. philmch

philmch I've got a zappy little nappy

5. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

Does anyone know anything about this footage? Is there more of it floating around?

6. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Wow.. that's a first :D