1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC Tapes

Discussion in 'Words and Music' started by SHAUN I, Feb 8, 2008.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Recieved the 6 CD BBC Tapes package this week and must admit am very impressed with the quality and the sharp sound. There is some excellent stuff on these discs, if you 're into Roy's live work these are a must have purchase. There are some different recorded sessions of the same songs but all in all a great selection, with some great witty anectdotes from Roy and also some personal insight into OOTDIE which sounds slightly slower paced than other live versions I've heard.

Thirty odd years old and still as meaningful today. an acoustic version of Too Many Movies, a live set of HQ with some great guitar work by Chris Spedding, and a brilliant vocal on Highway Blues (Vol.6)

The only thing that slightly worried me was the tracklisting when played on windows media player, which was credited to The Beatles (More Beatles) but a little editing and it was fine. probably the most worthwhile £45 I've spent in a long while, although I haven't confessed to her indoors yet.. :biggrin:

Smokin' rope is crazy:sifone:

2. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Too Many Movies is fantastic and used to be a live favourite as witnessed on the BBC sets. Shame it no longer gets a run out.