1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beautiful Days???

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by Cornish Pasty, Mar 3, 2008.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Sounds good! This year it's either heat and electricity in January, or Beautiful Days :wink:

2. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

anyone coming t'night before then... :D

3. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

Sorry Dim we are booked at the Greyhound, my daughter is staying with a friend at the hostel in Exeter and is planning to go though.

4. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Dan Donnelly

5. dim

oh not that bloomin donnely fellow again....

hes everywhere... :D

6. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

When were you at the Lion, Bob? I love that place! Was there awhile ago - first time for ages. It'd be good if Nick got a show there.:wink:

7. dim

tell him to talk to mikey.. lol... hes a big star in NYC now.. :D

8. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

I was in NYC Oct 2006 to April 2007. I made the Red Lion and Terra Blues next door virtually home from home over the weekends. Dan played most Sat afternoons.

9. Shortcake

Shortcake I've got a zappy little nappy

Would soooo loved to have gone to this, but just too far and by the time we found out about Nick the tickets had already sold out anyway....:thumbdown: Maybe next year.

10. scotpaulabear

Same here, I'm saving money and getting the tent now just so I make sure I don't miss another one *sigh* :bored:

Where are you based?

And I'm very much looking forward to the first (soggy) reports!

11. HarperPR

My *mole (very soggy one!) on the scene* reported a while ago that the Levs were blinding tonight. And apparently tractors were hauling cars out of the mud at the end of the night!

12. scotpaulabear

Holy shiz. Just seen a pic from the Levs board, and damned if it doesn't look like the Somme :svengo:

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't go haha...

13. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Cut & pasted from a report elsewhere:

Mark Chadwick from the Levellers came on a for a duet, which was a cover version of a Roy Harper song

anyone know which one?

14. scotpaulabear

Wow! Really?!?
    I'll PM the lovely Dim post haste to see if he made it to Nick's set! :gnorsi:

15. scotpaulabear

16. HarperPR

It was bound to happen!:wink::D

17. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

hmm. Mark Landells was the one who alerted us to the Chadwick appearance*, I was waiting for his permission to link to that Flickr stream, but you beat me to it anyway paula.
    It would be a lot easier all round if you became fluffy. :biggrin:

*I think he has some familiars on here.

18. scotpaulabear

I am extremely fluffy :D
    but I'll keep that in mind LOL... am on too many forums already though!

And I found that all by myself in Google! I'm not on Flickr sadly but was considering joining to email the photographer haha...

19. just jane

It was indeed a muddy one - I have unblocked the filter on my washing machine now and am on my second time of washing most of the clothes. After doing the last four Beautiful Days the mud was the worst I have seen ( verging on Glastonbury proportions)it was definitely getting to me on Saturday and when packing up yesterday I did tell the kids Im not doing it again unless I can have a guarantee of good weather, but Im already putting in my request for Roy to play next year.

Nicks set was brilliant, Simon Friend was stood next to my kids while watching and they were totally oblivious,he really enjoyed Simple and was bopping along to it.

The duet was Dont you Grieve which the Levs covered in the nineties, I have a copy of their version,and I managed to get a (very poor video) of it this weekend.

photos to follow, I havent had time to look at them yet

20. just jane