1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brighton Komedia - Help!

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Jan 30, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

We need to really get a push on here. I know it's still a way off, but can anyone get flyers out? Contact local radio? Spread the word on forums?

One or two of you know what I had in mind for Komedia. I am speaking to one of the *potentially involved* parties tomorrow, so will bring it up! I don't even want to start so much as a rumour, even though it would be such a draw!

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Don't tell me! Jimmy Page is supporting Nick?! That would be a draw!

aw:w00t:

3. HarperPR

That was a secret!

You weren't supposed to tell anyone, Andi!

4. HarperPR

But I still think people should get their tickets, like...NOW!

5. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Wish I could, but will be in the caribbean!

6. HarperPR

So who else is on for a fish supper by the sea then, or is it just me and DJ?

7. SimonF

SimonF I've got a zappy little nappy

Are you buying?
    Salt and vinegar on mine please, sod the blood pressure.

Seriously, thinking about doing this one Linn, DJ has pointed out that it's been over 6 years since we last met, so I think it's time I had a trip to Brighton.

8. HarperPR

Yeah, I'll buy - please come! I'll even treat you to a saveloy - ha!

9. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Great! What am I going to miss this time!? :confused: :D

I go to a few gigs in Brighton, there's a good music scene and I find my weekends there quite a relief from the 'usual'.

One cafe has a number of artists performing quite frequently, and a good crowd of people turning up for the basement performances. It's called The Sanctuary (think dreadlocked girls and tofu sandwiches etc...) Anyway, it's the one spot I'd stick a flyer, if I could ;)

http://www.sanctuarycafe.co.uk/

http://www.sanctuarycafe.co.uk/venue_pics.htm

http://www.myspace.com/thecella

10. HarperPR

That looks a nice place.

Someone get it flyerer!

11. Barry

I occasionally eat in The Sanctuary when in Brighton, it's a nice place if you like healthy eating, don't think you'll get a savaloy there!

12. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Grumble, grumble..

And to think I'm missing this one by four days! :banghead:

Oh well.. next time he's in the area..

13. HarperPR

Ah, but you will be in town for the Levellers! You really should try and catch them.

14. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Do you receive a cut of the levellers ticket sales MsPR? And have you not sorted a private nick gig for marcie? She deserves it for all her hard work!

15. Barry

I like the Komedia, shame I'll be lying on a beach in the Caribbean! Still when I get back I'll have podcast 7 to look forward to, not to mention my first grandchild, I must be getting old, no I am getting old!

16. HarperPR

I'm sure Nick would willingly serenade Marcie - if she could just work her way through the British transport system and get to where he is!

No, I don't receive a cut but someone keeps me going in wine and cigarettes - ha!

17. Marcie

Thanks, Critch..:) I wouldn't mind a private gig, but my guess is that it will have to wait to next year, unless he's playing in the Brighton area in July, when I'll next be back. But next year, I'm here for good, so the sky's the limit!

18. Marcie

Wish that could happen, but alas, not this time round. When I'm settled in the country next year... it'll be a different story.

19. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

You're coming here for good next year? Fair play. I was gonna say why but obviously it's to get to nick gigs. Tell you what, you can come to my 30th birthday cause nick is playing. Haven't told him that yet... :)

20. Marcie

For the record...

Let it be known that I'll be emigrating to the UK next year, just so that I can see Nick in concert.....*not* (sorry Nick :)). It will definitely be a bonus, though.

I'd love to help celebrate with you on your milestone bday, Critch even if Nick wasn't playing, which I'm sure he will. ;)