1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I just say...

Discussion in 'General' started by leigh, Feb 23, 2008.

1. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I'm a lounge lizard apparently! Lol.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

You asked the question originally - and I answered!:p

3. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Never ask a leading question i suppose! Lol.

4. Watcher

Watcher Computer stained fingers

I'm not too keen on Bloodsongs, it doesn't really do it for me, although it has some fine songs on it as do all of Nick's albums. I really like Treasure Island, and Miracles is nearly as good. My favourites would be Kennel and Seed (apart from Big Jim which is pants) - Double Life is great but is always a little disappointing to me as nothing can replicate the experience that is Nick Harper actually live and in the flesh.

5. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

p.e.todd@btinternet.com I've got a zappy little nappy

I think with someone like Nick its not how the song comes over on record thats important but what the song's about.

6. HarperPR

What it seems to be about to the listener, or what it was about when written? The two can be at variance.

7. Mia

Mia I've got a zappy little nappy

I really like Bloodsongs as I think its definitely his most personal work. I wont mind if the next one follows that.

8. madness

madness I've got a zappy little nappy

I agree Nick goes from strength to strength. I first saw Nick playing with his Dad and he was amazing considering the act he had to follow. I first saw him Solo at Flapperes Wine bar in Worthing and he rocked to house down. I 've loved all of Nicks shows he has come over as an amazing musician and he plays guitar much better than his dad ( forgive me Roy )
    His show are charasmatic and a joy to attend.
    Indeed he is a fine gentleman.
    :conehead: madness (mandy)

9. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I'm not sure that you can compare Roy and Nick in this way, Nick has developed his own style through playing with Roy early on in his career. However the 2 styles are totally different and each fit into a different genre, I honestly could not say one is better than the other because technically both are masters of their chosen style and craft! :m8::m2::m8:

Having said that I respect your opinion all the same.. :cursing:

10. madness

I have just spent 10 mins trying to explain Nick is a Guitarist as opposed to Roy is an Accoustic man.
    I love poems and guitar, i love ROCK and nick is ROCK>

and young and free, definate different style.

But i suppose because i'm assigned to this site i better admit the The Messiah and his wife will return when they think fit.

Praise the lord for i have sinned but i will never regret the tunes and the times when we stood in lines ?????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  11. HarperPR

Isn't Nick an 'acoustic man' then? I think he very much is, here and there.

Nick is 'Rock'...? Again, at times yes; more rock than folk probably, or in the traditional folk sense anyway.

But 'young and free' he definitely isn't! :biggrin:

12. madness

PLEASE FORWARD TO ROY PLEASE FORWARD TO ROY ANY SNIPPETS FROM HERE.
    This site is Roys temple, we erected it for him. and i know as soon as i joined i couldn't resist saying something lovely about him.
    Someone here on this site said that i'd annoyed Roy so much that he wouldn't tour again. I told him i didn't think i was that important. I love Roy with all my heart and never meant to hurt or offend him.
    I was angry that i'd lost my friend Roy, I'd just spent 10days in a lock up ward cos i didn't have the courage to drive my car into the sky. If i had i believe i could be with Roy.
    So nutter Mandy in the house. Or just another Harper fan thinks his GOD and he's getting worried an hiding.

Perhaps he's forgotten

XXXXX DOG