1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming to London from America to see Nick & Roy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cjpolitzki, Oct 12, 2011.

1. cjpolitzki

cjpolitzki I've got a zappy little nappy

Don't visit the forum much, but since I'm planning on attending both Nick and Roy's gigs in London next month, I thought I'd say hello...

I've been in communication with some of you via Facebook, but haven't met all of you yet... perhaps we can meet face-to-face come November 4th in London or the following evening, the 5th at Roy's 70th birthday bash concert? I was lucky enough to have a mate secure my ticket months ago and all I needed was the plane ride over.... well, now that's secured and I now am happy to say that I will be there now and am looking forward to it very much!

I've seen and visited Roy and Nick on numerous occasions over the years, sometimes here in Colorado, sometimes in Canada, but mostly in England. On November 19th, 1990 in Manchester, I witnessed my first Roy gig and was hooked from that point forward. That's not to say I wasn't before, but seeing and experiencing the 'live' version of Roy was amazing!

Nick has been able to tour America and has even passed through my hometown of Denver, Colorado a couple times... once even calling and leaving a phone message stating that he had placed tickets at the door for a Boulder show, but I found out too late and was already en-route to the gig!

Anyhow, I look forward to the shows coming up soon in London and hope to possible put real faces to names!

Be seeing you,

Chris Politzki

2. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Look forward to meeting you at both gigs Chris, I know we've virtually spoken via facebook, but it's always good putting a real face to a name!

Regards, Shaun

3. cjpolitzki

For sure Shaun! See you soon!

Chris

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

What Shaun said :biggrin: Very much looking forward to meeting you finally, Chris... oh hey do we have a pub for a meetup on Friday? Anyone? Big Chris? Bueller? :D

EDIT: the thread for Nick's gig does have a proposed pub - off to that thread then:thumbup1:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  5. cjpolitzki

Also looking forward to meeting you as well Paula!

Keep me posted as to what pub you all will be meeting at, as I may miss it... listened to Paul's latest Podcast last night and he mentioned that somebody had chosen a pub already?

See you soon!

6. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

See thread in General about the pub - the hole in the wall. Hope to see you there Chris, it's been a long time!

7. firehorse

firehorse I've got a zappy little nappy

eh up cjpolitzki

I was at your first Roy gig in Manchester 1990....Free Trade Hall I recall...top, top gig.

Hope to be at the London gig on Nov 5 if I can snaffle a ticket and find somewhere reasonably priced to stay...maybe see you there but if not, enjoy!

8. cjpolitzki

@Firehouse,

Nice, remember the need to call in the fire brigade? ;-)

Hope to perhaps see you soon!

Chris