1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COMING UP: Nick US tour Nov 09

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Aug 8, 2009.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Nick's US support run with Cy Curnin.

November 5
    DENVER, COLORADO
    Soiled Dove
    8pm
    7401 East 1st Avenue
    Denver, CO 80230
    http://www.tavernhg.com/soiled_dove#

November 6
    HENDERSON (N. Virginia)
    Artbeat
    Henderson Plaza

November 7
    PEORIA, Arizona
    Skye

SAN DIEGO, California (TBC)
    Anthology

November 12
    SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Ca
    The Coach House

November 13
    SAN FRANCISCO, Ca
    Red Devil Lounge

November 14
    CORONA, Ca
    Fender Museum

November 15
    NEW YORK
    City Winery
    8pm
    155 Varick Street
    New York, NY 10013
    http://www.citywinery.com/events/30698

November 16
    WASHINGTON D.C
    Jammin Java
    7.30pm
    227 Maple Avenue
    Vienna
    Washington D.C. 22180
    http://www.jamminjava.com/

November 17
    RALEIGH, N. Carolina
    Pour House

November 18
    ATHENS, Georgia
    Melting Point

November 21
    CHICAGO
    Abbey Pub
    7.30pm
    3420 W. Grace
    Chicago
    Ill. 60618-4215
    http://www.abbeypub.com

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Looks like the exact tour dates are not yet confirmed - post from Cy's Fixx forum here:
    http://www.thefixx.net/showthread.php?threadid=5822

These shows sound like they would really be something special, so I hope there will be quite a few of them for all of you :biggrin: Harpic tours of the States are like buses - you wait a decade and two come along at once LOL...

3. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Illinois/indiana/wisconsin?

Now Linn and SPB are giving me hope Nick will get closer than Pittsburgh in September...

"One Thing Leads To Another..." (or was that not The Fixx?)

This is my 300th post BTW, and curious what my new saying will be under my ID.

4. NoCelebrity

Double-Spaced in Triplicate!

I see in another post it was a The Fixx hit. (I'm so proud...)

"Space Cadet?" Roy and early Bowie. Can't complain...

5. scotpaulabear

I hereby dub thee (Harper)space cadet :D

6. HarperPR

First post updated.

7. HarperPR

Ditto (specially for No Celeb!)

8. NoCelebrity

NEWS to ME! and HARPERPR

You even managed the northern half of Chi-Town!

I'll be there! And I'll try to bring/drag 1 or 3 friends along!

The Abbey Pub (I don't know it, but I don't get around much anymore) is barely a mile west of WGN-TV studios at 2501 W. Bradley Place. WGN (ch. 9, independent, part of The TRIBUNE Co.) likes to schedule currently performing musical acts for a song or two during its midday news from 11:30 am-1 pm. Anchor STEVE SANDERS is also a guitarist who has played with 1 or 2 acts during the news (with permission!!!). He's about 60, and loves Chicago Blues and other music. He also lives in my hometown of Winnetka.

WLS-TV (ch. 7-ABC),190 N. State St., also schedules music for its news from 11am-NOON. Their midday team is usually all FEMALE, and they usually love foreigners and accents!

9. NoCelebrity

I can't stop...

Athens, GA. Home of the B-52s!

I'm trying to remember the other CY song mentioned on this site. Did he do "Closer to Free" (Exact name?) which I think I hear part of in the TRAVEL WISCONSIN promotions. If so, the Dairy State should schedule a gig or two (too late for this years state fair).

My date made me miss The Fixx as a warm-up for the POLICE in 83 or 84, so I'm looking forward to Nick's "Follow-up":wink: band

10. scotpaulabear

Okay, much as we all hope Nick will be on the whole tour, the same thread I posted earlier from the Fixx board has the latest dates post from Cy's manager Lisa with the following:

"If you are checking here because you are a Nick Harper fan, I would ask that you stop back here in a couple of days. I need to clarify exactly what Nick's participation will be at various shows for you."

So don't book those plane tickets just yet, is I think what we're saying...

*crosses fingers*

11. NoCelebrity

Leavin' on a Jefferson Airplane (I need a Fixx)

Damn, I can't get a refund because I couldn't get a flight!:wink:

Help! When do we know for sure? Nick will certainly be upsetting his loyal fan base in Chicago (me+?) if he can't make it.

I'm planning to be there if Nick shows up, but since I'm not the best of unofficial publicists, I'll understand...

Keep me informed, please, SPB and HarperPR!

12. HarperPR

NC: Chicago was always on the cards and confirmed some while ago for Nick. Trust me!:wink: And if you don't believe me, you can now check it on his site!

Looking forward to the pics of both of you together over a few pints!

13. scotpaulabear

Well, that's great, I'm glad it's all been confirmed - must have all been sorted this week, I'm a bit out of the loop over here. I know how much some people love it when I look dumb so I'm glad I could oblige :rolleyes:

However, Cy's manager Lisa thought that, in San Juan Capistrano (where Cy/Nick are sharing the bill with the Stan Ridgeway Trio), Nick will not get his own solo set. Pretty sure this won't change. But do come along anyway if you don't mind that, I certainly would go regardless considering how great Nick and Cy are together :wink: Will clarify this 100% with her though, wouldn't want to lead anyone astray. Nick's put up a bit of a disclaimer to the same effect on his site, I see :)

And I think there is one more date to come to make up for that, West Coast-ers! Will ask Lisa to let us know when she has the definitive info... I'll try to get her posting over here if she has time, she's definitely a Nick convert now!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  14. scotpaulabear

One more date added - for all you LA peoples :biggrin: her PR-ness can edit the first post if she wishes...

Monday November 9: Los Angeles Hotel Cafe

15. NoCelebrity

Lupe Velez

I'm always out of "the loop" too, except when I'm in downtown Chi-town (called "the loop" because of the elevated train that goes around the heart of the financial district, etc.

I can order my tix this week, once I invite a few friends.

Might see Shawn Colvin too at the end of October (she has a great voice!).

16. scotpaulabear

So psyched for ya :D Bring lots of new fans :biggrin:

17. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

Chicago

Hi Linn, Hi Paula,

Apologies for the radio silence. Haven't logged in for months & months.

May be in Chicago in Nov so will try to coincide with Nick's gig if I can.

Craig

18. scotpaulabear

19. scotpaulabear

Stuck this thread to the top of the 'on tour' section to keep it prominent...

Please, all those of you in the USA and anyone with friends back there, tell everyone about the gigs and how amazing Nick and Cy are :biggrin: Would be great for Nick to gain a lot of new American support from this tour, and wouldn't want any of his/Squeeze's/Roy's fans there missing him!

You can point anyone to the following page on Cy's site for all the info - hey, feel free to link the page and photo to your own Facebook, Myspace, Twitter etc. etc. :D
    http://www.cycurnin.com/?page_id=142

[​IMG]

20. NoCelebrity

My Brain is Full!

I finally ordered my tix, but only for me and my date.

Never been to the Abbey Pub, but wouldn't you know it, eight days before Nick a friends new band is playing there (with or without a bass player, he says!). Their name is "Jack In Space" one of four bands (and my real name is JACK!).

Coincidences wild. Tonight, John Fogerty is doing "Live By Request" on public TV (really live! Possibly to become a series of specials) at the same time Phil Proctor has a live webcast from Northwestern University. I'm as big a fan of Phil's legendary satire group The Firesign Theatre as I am of Roy's music. Phil was narrating "Don Quixote" to a live guitar quartet performing Bizet's accompaniment (bizarre but really good!). The acclaimed quartet had FIRST billing...

Why does everything great to see happen at the same time? I didn't even know of the webcast until an email around 3-4 pm...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009