1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COMING UP: Nick US tour Nov 09

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Aug 8, 2009.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Ah that last pic goes along well with my friend's message to me about the SanFran show (sadly, no pics):

"He did one number that had people really cheering. He was strumming madly on his guitar, singing all the while, and he walked upstairs, around the balcony, came back downstairs and then finished the song by standing on the bar. The crowd went wild."

Was her first Nick gig and she was suitably beside-herself impressed :D

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

3. HarperPR

4. HarperPR

Nick Harper live in Denver! Six videos on a channel coming atcha below. Grateful thanks to Chris Politzki for these.

http://bit.ly/4xeb85

5. scotpaulabear

Well, at least now I know you ignore everything I post :rolleyes: :D

First 3 vids are embedded on page 3 of this thread. Good to see Chris added 3 more, originally they were marked "1 of 3" and the like but he's updated! Here's the last 3 below:

[youtube]aO585EJuvok[/youtube]

[youtube]DHoRcGOhyLc[/youtube]

[youtube]bPafBpQHMNw[/youtube]

6. scotpaulabear

More film of Nick on t'road in America, here playing "She Rules My World" by request at Jammin' Java near DC last night:

[youtube]3nlUmS26xh8[/youtube]

EDIT: just to give credit, Cy's manager Lisa, aka Musegirl, shot this - and she thinks Nick is faboo too :biggrin:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  7. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Contact WLS and WGN TV in Chicago for this Friday??

It would be nice in Nick and Cy could appear on one of the midday newcasts in Chicago on Friday before this Saturday's show! Will they be here in time?

I mentioned before, but maybe now their schedule is clearer. Both stations like to have musical guests as often as they can. WGN now has two hours to fill and is the local but limited "Superstation." WLS is ABC and in "The Loop" on State Street, downtown Chicago. WGN is closer to the venue and has a more suburban feel. Chicago is the largest/best training ground for network reporters and Broadway Shows (think "Spamalot"). The local news production is the best in the nation!

8. scotpaulabear

Jack, Cy's manager Lisa asked me to pass on her thanks and said: "Unfortunately, the guys will not be arriving in Chicago until Saturday, just hours before the gig."

9. NoCelebrity

Well, make sure Dean Richards at WGN mentions him in his listing of the weekend acts, and maybe Janet Davies (etal.) at WLS. They may give a free promo to LHS also, or even plug the act for Nick's charity work. Other local news on WBBM (CBS), WMAQ (NBC), WFLD (local FOX, they're liberal, unlike the network!) and maybe WTTW (PBS) on their Chicago Tonight program.

If I'm lucky, the new CD is going to be available at the show!

10. scotpaulabear

An especially cool and edgy performance of Cy's song "Remember Me When I'm Gone" (from the Returning Sun album), filmed at Jammin' Java near Washington DC on Monday night :biggrin:

[youtube]jP-DE9dgvo8[/youtube]

11. scotpaulabear

Sadly I think Nick sold out of CDs already but do ask him just to make sure! :bored:

And PLEASE pass info on the shows to everyone you know (including TV and radio stations and papers, listings mags etc) - even if someone's already been in touch with them, it can't hurt!

12. NoCelebrity

3 hrs, 40 mins from THE ABBEY PUB in Chicago!

The first batch of 100,000 sold out already?!:wink:

He's SOLID GOLD!