1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cy Curnin: a true Harperspace-cadet!

Discussion in 'Press and Media' started by scotpaulabear, Aug 10, 2009.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

What a sweetheart - check out his latest video blog as he bigs-up our Harpic :thumbup:

[youtube]ksPNoZSa-_M[/youtube]

2. WrexTheDragon

WrexTheDragon I've got a zappy little nappy

3. scotpaulabear

Thanks! He sounds great (plus he's quite easy on the eyes hee hee)... I was always a Fixx fan but then again I am American :wink: did they have many hits here? they were huge at home!

4. WrexTheDragon

WrexTheDragon I've got a zappy little nappy

"One Thing Leads to Another" was a hit for the Fix in the UK.

I have added a few extra tracks to the above link.

5. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

That was a really nice video. He's clearly been touched by Nick (no not like that! Get your mind out of the gutter!). Let's hope Nick reaches a whole new set of people on the support arrangement, I'm sure he'll do well.

6. Steve_Pitts

Steve_Pitts I've got a zappy little nappy

Well I've been listening to them for over twenty-five years, and I'm English. They never really made it onto the radar over this side of the pond, which means that I have to put up with the US running order for the CD version of Shuttered Room, unless I dig out my old vinyl. Having spent so many years listening to the album in the UK sequence it still feels wrongs on the CD, which is a shame as it is one of my favourite albums of all time (even in the American incarnation).

I think the first couple of singles flirted with the lower reaches of the charts, but neither the singles nor the albums made much of an impact in their homeland.

7. scotpaulabear

Maybe this is good in both directions then - Cy can introduce Nick to the USA and he can get Cy playing again in the UK :biggrin: