1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Difficulty launching stormcock.net site

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Craig_Powers, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

More often than not my Internet Explorer hangs when I try to launch sormcock.net.

The message banner at the bottom of the IE screen says...

2 items remaining, Downloading Picture
    https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif

IE is no longer responding at this point.

Is anyone else having problems?

Craig Powers
    XP Pro Service Pack 2, IE 6.0

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Not here, but I don't use IE as a rule... firefox is heaps better and more secure. I just went in with IE7 on Vista and it loaded fine.

Do you by any chance have any weird security preferences? The site uses a fair bit of javascript.

3. Craig_Powers

difficulty logging in

I use Norton Inernet Security but switching off the firewall & protection does not help.

IE's own security level is set to Medium / Default. Pop ups permitted.

I have now logged in on a borrowed PC. My own PC will not let me in at all. The last login seemed to be a fluke.

Thanks,
    Craig

4. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I was disappointed with the new Norton 360 package, so much so that I uninstalled it and installed the new free version of AVG 8.0. I also installed zone alarm firewall after being infected with lots of viruses, fingers crossed I haven't had a problem since and everything logs in fine..

Happy days!

Shaun

www.zonelabs.com
    www.free.grisoft.com

5. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Agreed. If I were you I'd throw away Norton, it's the cause of more computer problems than anything else that I encounter when asked to look at friends and family's PCs. While you're at it, stop using IE, since that's the cause of most spyware and virus infections.

I can't help any more Craig, there's nothing wrong with the site or server as far as I can tell and I'm not getting reports of problems from anyone else! Sorry. I suspect there's an issue with your PC that'll manifest itself on other sites too.

6. Craig_Powers

I don't have any other website problems but your points are noted.

I have already decided to ditch Norton when my subscription expires.

Thanks,
    Craig

7. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Are you launching okay now, Craig?

Maybe have a word with them in Houston: they seem to get those rockets launched!:D