1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb Question but...

Discussion in 'General' started by fuzzytnth3, Aug 13, 2009.

1. fuzzytnth3

fuzzytnth3 Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Anyone know how old is the Harpic?

I checked the official bio on't stormcock.net Library but it only talks about his professional career.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  2. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

No idea, but impressed by "recently played tracks" window showing 3 Julie Fowlis items.
    Gle mhath!
    :biggrin:

3. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

He was 42 when Miracles came out.... a couple of years younger than me...

4. fuzzytnth3

fuzzytnth3 Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Love Julie's singing although I generally, much to my shame haven't got scoobie what she is singing about. I also love Eamon Doorley's Bouzouki playing so much so I wanna get one!

The only Gaelic words I know are...

Slainte Mhath

agus

Ciamar a tha sibh but I don't how to say the response :banghead:

I would like to attend Sabhal Mòr Ostaig in Skye for a summer course but being skint there is no way it is going to happen soon. In the meantime I'm going to have a go at using the BBC's website

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Wickedpedia is correct - his Harpicness was born on 22 June 1965, making him 44 (and a Cancer on the cusp of Gemini, astrology fans ;) )...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Harper

Hmmm, haven't seen all that screaming cleanup stuff before - must take a look at that after work... :confused1:

EDIT: okay I love this page about being on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer, especially the personal description "you are an oddball" - heh heh, that can't be Nick ;)
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090521143950AAhSoZh

6. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

My Saturn in Taurus (GM and Ford mating?)

It was a race between SPB and HarperPR to get the true age out... How exactly did "Harpic" get coined to distinguish the two distinguished Harper Gentlemen??

At least Nick's Mercury isn't on the cusp of Libra/Scorpio like me! (true!)

And my Moon is Square my Sun in my Second House. (true!)

But it's Natal bad...:D

(actually, my Saturn is in Capricorn, where it Rules!)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Saturn in Taurus - GM in Ford - good'un, NC :wink: I'm a Capricorn who behaves like an Aquarius... oh except for the stubborn Capricorn bit, I OWN that :rolleyes:

Harpic is actually the name of a toilet cleaning product here so I'm sure it's affectionately taking the piss :D

8. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Come on now..

Come on now NC you are not the first Harper fan I've met who actually believes in all this hocumpocum :confused1: ?!

http://boards.elsaelsa.com/topic/full-moon-lunar-eclipse

Balderdash,twaddle, hocus pocus,star drivel,wandering minstrel paganphelia stuff...Gee! I feel a song coming on. Come on train...cross those Ley lines with me..just a little pin *****..

[youtube]tkJNyQfAprY[/youtube]

Andi

ps Andy Roberts is now on Ustream tv which is an excellent rendevous between Twitter,Youtube,Livemail,Myspace,Facebook & other specified URLs mobile or otherwise. It looks amazing. Must check it out. Live TV recording from yourself from anywhere..

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  9. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

No, I only get here on and off - too busy tweeting!:D

Btw, NC, if you're into this, Jonathan Cainer, top astrologer over this way, is a tweeter too.

I still don't understand the chart stuff really. I've got Venus in Leo though: fire and passion, lol! I like being a Libra ( I think Nick's partner and I share same date, Sep 24) but sometimes it's hard always seeing both sides of an argument and wanting those scales to balance perfectly!

10. Wee Steve

An teanga.

The standard reply to "Ciamar a tha sibh/thu?" is "Tha gu math, tapadh leibh", but like you, I get stuck there.

If you can get BBC Alba (on Sky 168) the "Speaking our language" series is pretty good, even if it is 20 years old!

Feasgar math!

11. NoCelebrity

My Stars In Hollywood

I don't really believe in it, but I was curious in school (code for I wanted to meet GIRLS!). I view it as humanity's first attempt at psychology. How you interpret the various juxtapositions of ideas and motivations can be "twisted" to say just about anything (but they never fell for the "you should sleep with the first man you see":wink: unless they thought it meant the NEXT man).

BTW, my Venus is in LIBRA (my Sun Sign) and Second House (like my Sun) which means my Rising Sign (aka Ascendant) is in Leo. So be careful when you talk about fire and passion! Too bad my Mars is also in Libra (on the cusp of my Third House). Means I'm supposed to be "lazy" about sex (perhaps I overcompensate!).

12. NoCelebrity

Director is out of Focus, Poke Us!

Like I just replied to HarperPR, I don't really believe the stuff. Sometimes I consider it to be fun, but mostly I'm curious about the psychology of things like Astrology, Tarot, I Ching -- as well as the psychology of those who DO BELIEVE in hocumpocum. I wrote a satirical film script in College about just such things, and expanded on it in the decade that followed. A few lyrics from my theme song for "The Shuffle:"

A little Poker, Tarot, Chemistry
    Confucianism and Astrology
    Throw Dice or I Ching Leave No Mystery
    It's Fortune-Telling, for A Gambler's Fee

Some people call it a Game
    Others would call it Luck
    The Shuffle's the name, Fortune and Fame
    One way to make a buck.

The song wrote itself in a hour. My Treatment turned into a monster for a twenty hour script, so I'm hesitant to revisit it. My other ideas are more manageable.

13. NoCelebrity

Toilette sounds so much better!

As you wrote between the lines, My Moon must be in Capricorn (Square my Sun in Libra, as I said before) and not Cancer! I'm a "wishy-washy" Libra that wants everyone to get along, but who secretly thinks like a Leo (my Ascendant, one of those signs who think they should be in charge. King of the human Jungle).

Technically, Taureans are even more stubborn than Capricorns. Both are Earth Signs (along with Virgo) which denote "stability" (a euphemism for pig-headedness). However, Taureans are also "Fixed" (even more stubborness) but THE GOAT is a "Cardinal" Sign like Libra, Cancer, and Aries which denotes energy and an outgoing quality. Earth signs are supposed to be good with business, finances, investment.

i.e. SPB is convinced she's stubborn, and no one's going to convince her otherwise.

Love and Kisses, Jack the Libra.

BTW -- I have no retrograde planets in my Natal (birth) chart. Unlike John Lennon who's Jupiter and Saturn are in precise (less than a degree apart) retrograde conjunction in Taurus, exactly 19 years older than me

Tidbit: Christmas says Jesus was a Capricorn, but scientists and biblical scholars think it more likely he was an Aries -- the Sign of Kings (another one?) that brought the three Magi.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  14. NoCelebrity

We wee, Oui!

Is that the English "Piss" or the Yankee "Piss?"
    :willy_nilly: (he's running around like he has to pee!)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  15. Wee Steve

Should probably have been "An canan"

Not sure where an teanga came from.
    Apologies to all Gaelic speakers.
    I am trying.