1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay: Poems, Speeches,Thoughts and Doodles

Discussion in 'General' started by Travellerman, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270260571300

I missed out on buying this album when it was available, but with great fortune I found a second hand copy, in a large 2nd hand record store in Berkeley, California for $10! :D Since then, I have seen this sell for $270 US! on Ebay, and now there's one more available (current highest bid 50 GBP).

I just thought I'd let everyone know in case they don't have a copy and have the cash to spare. I'd also like to point out that I have no 'interest' in this item, other than seeing the final selling price and updating the wiki page if needs be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poems,_Speeches,_Thoughts_and_Doodles

2. Travellerman

It just sold for 149 Pounds! ($292) :47:

3. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

That's amazing. Truly.

I suppose for a completist it might be really galling not to have a copy of it, but... blimey!

4. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

jayzis! is it not on soulseek?!

5. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Classic ebay scenario of two people cutting each other's throats, third bid was £100 less!!

Didn't like the way seller lectured potential buyers either

Let's hope all bids were genuine

Anything to stop Roy rereleasing this?

6. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Probably an economic lesson if altruistic bidding was involved [??]

If he ever had to re-/issue/launch/ anything belonging to him materialistically for want of petty money, desirable,pertainable issues etc. he would deserve to be a multi-zillionaire in my mind.

I would buy it to help the geyser out.... No questions asked.... Genuine as the package comes..... Money does not come into it.....as Roy in my mind, when considering the impact on my earthly/non-earthly existence in this present state of human intransigence/ forbearance, has been one of the best neo-philosophising caring influences on my limited finite life. Even beats George Bernard Shaw with the music as an added bonus.... he is actually priceless and a lot of people won't appreciate it until he is gone.

Say no more sunshine girls & boys
    andi

ps sorry going cosmic again it's just the state I'm in!!!

7. Travellerman

Well, I have seen two sell for $270 and $290 on Ebay now, quite a few years apart, so that sort of establishes a fairly good guide as to the prices achievable.

Personally, I'm surprised the cd fetched more than the 3 Singles that Harper released under different names (Harry Rope, Rory Phare and Per Yarroah etc...) I thought the rarity and story behind them would have made them worth more than P,S,T&D, apparently not.

(I picked those up on Ebay too, along with the 'bio's' that were issued with the singles. I think I paid around 100 quid.)

What other Harper rarities could fetch such prices?

8. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Beggar on Strike seems to fetch a little over 200 quid whenever I see it appear.

9. Wrexy33

Wrexy33 I've got a zappy little nappy

Well i was the 2nd highest bidder on the item under discussion on ebay.

I have a very large collection of Roy's works and would love to add Poems, Speeches,Thoughts and Doodles to my collection.

I figured that to have a chance I would have to bid over £100.

In the hours leading up to the end of the auction I had been trading odds on betfair and at the close I had made £47 profit, so I decided to add that to my bid total.

The auction ended around 12:20am and I submitted my one and only bid of £147 with 7 seconds remaining, I was shocked when the message returned saying that I had been out bid.

I was also quite surprised that only myself and one other bidder put in late bids, maybe the attitude of the seller and the late finishing time put people off!

Lee

10. Travellerman

7 seconds isn't short enough to 'snipe'.

The last one I saw reached almost the same amount, so I reckon any future copies available will probably require a 150 quid bid at least!