1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ein, to, tre, fire!* Nick in Norway Nov08

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Sep 19, 2008.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

*that's "onetwothreefour" in a Norwegian Ramones stylee :m3:

Okay, I think I'm finally willing to tempt fate and assume this tour is actually happening - who knows which cities, or which venues, or which order, but Nick is pretty sure it's still happening so I am feeling very positive...

...and I've booked the rest of my travel so looks like I'm going now regardless! :blink:

At present the dates look like this:

Wed 12/11: Oslo
    Thu 13/11: Oslo
    Fri 14/11: Hamar
    Sat 15/11: Skarnes (think that's the right place anyway - it's not that far from Oslo, kind of on the way back from Hamar)

So, anyone else up for it? :biggrin:

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Nick's Norway tour

This could be a much cheaper/easier trek holiday than Peru to mull over. What's the Harper fascination with Norway passed down in the family then? Is there a good fan base there since Roy starting going there and singing about the place? Can't recall any Norwegian people here or on Mistlethrush exchange, apart from that guy in Sweden [brewhaha!]

andi :m8: :drool5: :nopity: :thumbup1:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  3. scotpaulabear

Dunno but from what I've heard from friends who've been or who live there, and what I've read in all the travel books/sites, I can't wait to go! (my bank account may not be so happy afterwards though LOL) Besides I haven't done anything daft in a while, I'm starting to feel a bit twitchy :D

Has anyone heard from Aaro recently? He's in Finland, does a Roy site, came to Nick's show in Bergen a few years ago... maybe he'll show up too!

4. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Bollox. I love Norway, mix in a Harper and things look very interesting. I wonder if I can pull this one off. :D

5. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Norwegian Nick

November 14:
    Siste Indre, Hamar

November 16
    Buckleys, Oslo

6. scotpaulabear

Oh great, was trying to get more information of what was going on for Norway - thanks!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  7. scotpaulabear

Looks like there will also be a date in Lena (between Oslo and Hamar) on the Saturday night (15 November) - more details when I find out :biggrin:

8. FunkyMunky

FunkyMunky Guest

Gah. Can't he put it off til January? I'll be rich in January.

9. scotpaulabear

Gawd, that would be helpful for me too :biggrin:
    But in for a penny, in for a kroner (or 1000)

10. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Rich - in JANUARY??? Nobody's rich in January! And next January looks like being one of the worst.

But, if you're recession sound, the drinks at the next gig are on you.:biggrin:

11. FunkyMunky

FunkyMunky Guest

I laugh in the face of the Credit Crunch. Hahahahaha!

My application for Early Release was approved, so I work til the end of December and then get a nice settlement, reflecting my many years of faithful service :D So yes, (some of) the drinks are on me at the next gig, as long as the next gig is before February cos then I is planning to be a hermit in Norfumberland.

See how quickly I can drag a thread off topic? I've not lost my touch :wink:

12. scotpaulabear

LOVE IT! So are you moving to Norfumberlandcestershire, fm? Wicked! That's waaaay closer to Embra than London Village innit... And me in Boston for the next Cluny gig, that's truly crap of me, my apologies...

Dragging this kicking and screaming back on topic LOL, I am now officially very very excited to be going to Norway, if anyone's bothered :coolgleamA:

13. scotpaulabear

Bye bye campers, I'm off! Will try to do the intrepid reporter thang while I'm away! :gnorsi:

14. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I wish I was going on this too, I think it would be a nice trip to take...ah well.

The Norwegians are a good bunch, don't forget the Gjetost and Akevitt and have a wonderful time. (The Vikingskipshuset just outside of Oslo is interesting, if you're into that kind of stuff.) :D

15. scotpaulabear

Thanks Trav! Here I am on the Torp wi-fi awaiting my bus - free internet for all, I'm impressed already :wink: Not sure what I'm doing yet, I get to Oslo early tomorrow and want to take a boat ride of some sort, still investigating possibilities. My immediate concern is that a) the back of my left boot has gotten bent in some strange way and I may need to find a cobbler in Bo (hopefully my friend will have some local knowledge!) or Oslo, and b) while I was trying to sort said boot in a toilet stall, my beloved iPod fell in the (thankfully flushed) toilet and it's now in a wet silent huff with me that I'm praying doesn't last the whole trip :crying:

(first person who laughs gets an e-beating!! :52: )

It can only get better from here, eh? I'm thinking the litre of Absolut from Stansted duty free (bought to save on exorbitant Norwegian prices) may help immensely... :17:

16. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Ouch, sorry to hear about your ipod! I have to admit to a small chortle but then thought about how bad I'd feel if mine had a similar accident...

17. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

It definitely has to get better, Paula... and here's to both your boot and iPod making a speedy recovery! :16:

18. scotpaulabear

Paul - har har har :wink:

And thanks Marcie, my friend Shea is a guardian angel! She got me a shoehorn to whack my boot lining into shape (after I un-mangled most of it on the bus), and fingers crossed I'm good to go til I get home now. And best of all, she showed me a really good trick - iPod and a packet of silica gel (see, they're good for something!) in an airtight bag, and a few hours later iPod was dry and charging :biggrin:

(and now I left my Euro adapter in her house *sigh* heh)

19. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

Ahhh, happiness is a dry and charging (and hopefully by now playing) iPod, a straightened out boot lining, and the hopeful re-emergence of that woefully elusive Euro adapter. :D

All that needs to happen now is for you to get to the venues without any additional hiccups, and just enjoy the hell out of dem gigs! :m3:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  20. scotpaulabear

One gig down! I'm getting kicked off this puter right now but I'm off to t'pub to see the Liverpool game after 1 and wifi willing a report will be forthcoming then. Suffice it to say the audience was small but perfectly formed and very charmed by himself :biggrin: