1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everest Rocks documentary on way?

Discussion in 'Press and Media' started by scotpaulabear, Apr 10, 2008.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Just saw the following in one of the LHS mailouts - everyone keep an eye open for this :biggrin:

"Love Hope Strength is pleased to announce our latest sponsor from MTV and VH1, MTV High Definition. Stay tuned for news about an incredible documentary featuring Love Hope Strength coming to MHD this summer."

2. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

p.e.todd@btinternet.com I've got a zappy little nappy

3. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Cannot wait to see that - check out Mikes mini prayer flag link for a taster xxx

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

The Everest Rocks doc, which covers the groundbreaking Nepal trek last year, will be aired on September 7 on MHD.

Check local timings for wherever you are, although I'm not sure how many will be able to pick it up.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  5. scotpaulabear

So, just in America then, seeing as that channel doesn't seem to exist here? Katrina, any further info?

I will have to speak to my uncle back home (the HD-head) and see if he'd be willing to slum it taping MTV HD for a couple of hours :wink:

EDIT: MHD website here:
    http://www.mhd.tv/

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  6. katrina

Think that might be best - perhaps he will be kind enough to do us a copy.

xx

7. scotpaulabear

Katrina, my dear uncle says he can definitely record this for me (took a while but he found MHD haha), now I have to make sure I can get someone here to copy the DVD :biggrin: lemme ask the computing teacher in t'other room :wink:

8. HarperPR

A reminder that this airs on Sunday in US. May need to call on Myspace or other friends across the pond if you want to see! Although I'm sure at least some of it will appear on YouTube!

Perhaps NoCelebrity or Travellerman could give the first report?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  9. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Interesting times... Even minor fame in america is millions of people! Could be a turning point in the career... alternatively it might just mean that us brits don't get to see him live anymore as he's always touring over there. But anyways.... good luck to him and the foundation.

10. scotpaulabear

MTV HD is being renamed this week (to Palladia) in case your US friends have trouble finding it! Looks like it's on at 10PM Eastern (double bill with Duran Duran at Wembley... well I'm excited anyway :blushing: ):
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20080812mtv01

But thank you LHS shop, it's now available for sale :thumbup1: (can't wait to see the postage charge LOL)
    http://yhst-49611544079678.stores.yahoo.net/everest-rocks-dvd.html

I really hope the doc is as good as the podcasts at showing that fabulous Harpic charm and talent ;)

11. HarperPR

DVD is $25 + $10 international shipping, which is around £19.50 (?).

Is VAT then added?

12. scotpaulabear

Shouldn't be, but try insisting they mark it as a 'gift' or you're likely to get socked with customs charges...

13. katrina

August 28, 2008, Denver and New York City- Love Hope Strength, an international foundation dedicated to fighting cancer with existing resources in countries around the world, announced today that the 90-minute documentary Everest Rocks will premiere on Palladia, MTV Networks' high-definition music network, on Sunday, September 7 at 10:00 p.m. and air throughout the month.

The documentary chronicles the historic efforts of 38 musicians, cancer survivors and mountaineers as they hike to 18,536 feet up the face of Mt Everest. The show, which features musical performances at the villages along this two week journey, culminates with the world’s highest musical performance recorded on land*. In addition to raising awareness about cancer around the globe and serving as an example of people’s ability to climb back from cancer, the expedition raised funds that resulted in Nepal's first internal radiation and mammography machines.

14. katrina

Having problems posting the press release but hope that is okay. Have just ordered and it worked at $30 include post and package.........

15. katrina

Rate of exchange on paypal at the moment is $1.72 to the pound.

xx

16. scotpaulabear

Tis up on the Myspace site now Katrina, hope everyone runs out and buys 50 copies as Christmas pressies :D

But! Did someone really do a higher gig since then?? :confused1: bastards! will it even make Guinness?!?

17. HarperPR

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  18. Shortcake

Shortcake I've got a zappy little nappy

Can we buy this from Nicks stor? He's got a link on his site which says to click but nothing happens when I did.:angry:

19. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Hmm, the link on Nick's site is broken for some reason but (as posted on the stormcock.net front page, which I'm sure you've seen!) http://yhst-49611544079678.stores.yahoo.net/everest-rocks-dvd.html works for me.

20. Colin L

Colin L Computer stained fingers

Is the dvd compatible for UK players?