1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook - not display messages from friends

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bigchris, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hi,

I know a lot of you use facebook a lot more than me - so I thought this might be a good place to ask this question : Is it possible to NOT see messages from a friend ? There is an individual who seems to think they should post something on facebook every 1/2 hour or so ... this causes a problem for me, in that every time I use facebook - all I see is her messages and I often miss other ones from other freinds. I don't want to un-friend this person - I just don't want to read her ( often ) pointless messages.

Cheers,

Chris.

p.s. the person in question is NOT on this forum ( but some of you do know her ! )

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Phew!

Phew! So it's not me masquerading as LinnPR then!

I'm sure there's a place to delete friends like most of us have been doing most of our short lives! Without getting too philosophical, a lot of people disappear in smoke in buckets of tears. Thanks Bob D!

A

ps BTW just heard phone hacking is illegal! Ha!

3. bigchris

Yeah I don't want to delete this person ( as she'd take it far too personal ... and it could have ramifications elsewhere ) ... I just don't want to have her messages filling up my view on facebook !!

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I don't think me - only done 3 links in last 3 days and no status update since Saturday!! I am not as obsessive there as on Twitter. :biggrin:

I don't like how on fb now others can see your comments to others, even if they are not a friend of the third person themselves, by looking at your profile.

I tend to use the fb lite version on my mobile, Chris, so I don't get half of the rubbish stuff that you get on the desktop. No pix, so more easy to glance through.

5. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

There is an option to hide posts from certain friends Chris, this may help.

6. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hover cursor over the right hand side of her post, click the 'X', and a little window will pop up with various options, 'hide post', 'hide all posts', 'mark as spam' etc...

hth :)

7. bigchris

Thanks

Thanks guys ... I think I've hidden her messages .. my facebook newsfeed now looks interesting ... I can see loads of messages from loads of people and not loads from one greedy person !! Cheers.

8. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Some people just feel the need to post all the time don't they... :D

9. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Todays news in the papers

Founder of Facebook gets restraining order/ court ban on unwanted friend!

Andi :biggrin: