1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Youtube for me ever!!

Discussion in 'Live Recordings' started by aspwatterson, May 10, 2009.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

No Celeb

T'would be nice to see you in the flesh playing a proffering on Youtube No Celeb. Thinking of coming over to see Nick on East Coast in the Autumn. Might have found someone to rent a room off me so finances may allow....

c/a

2. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Open Tuning AAAAAA

Tremendous effort, Andi! I watched them both, they were actually different recordings too, weren't they? Ok, it took you maybe 30 seconds to really warm up. The payoff was worth it.

You have proven my theory their must be a 100 if not 10,000 really good guitarists for every one that makes it big.

You've also shown why the guitar is far and away the most popular musical instrument in the US (and I'm guessing UK and EU). Five acoustics (including a 12-string) and a violin (my first instrument for 4 months in 3rd grade). You humble me with the many picking patterns used so skillfully, but I almost never use open chord tuning:wink::D I've 5 git-boxes too, two are electric. I whistle, sing, occasionally play piano (where I had a whole year of formal training). I've a Taylor, Fender, Brian Moore... I'm axe-ing, Whadda You Got?

I don't know that I'm good enough to post anything but a few of my original songs, and only one I think is really great with just my vocal and guitar. I really need to practice with others for a while, if I were to do anything else. The ego thing seems to get in the way with friends and strangers, pros v. amateurs. At present, I'm hoping to make some new recordings in the next few months, and have said I'd record the story of how I discovered Roy for PD (he's getting pretty close to "Z").

I probably won't make my decisions about seeing Nick in the US until the last moment, but I'd be nice to meet all you Harp-Heads. I'm still rooting for NH to appear at the Ithaca Music Festival in NY, but Pittsburgh looks like the best bet. Boston, maybe...

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  3. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

TY!

Thank you!

Don't understand the warming up inference. You've got me thinking. Never realised that before. I probably do start quiet as an intro, and then try to take off; but never thought of it as warming up; more like gentle intro to Open Tuning [OT] sounding of the notes which hopefully take off eventually in the future? Like a'warming up the audience into the mellifluosity of OT's?

c/a

c/a

Last edited: May 19, 2009