1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folkjokeopus Awareness AWL 1003 mispressing

Discussion in 'General' started by pconpie, Jun 3, 2009.

1. pconpie

pconpie I've got a zappy little nappy

Howdy y'all,

I seem to remember someone mentioning that they had a copy of the 1986 re-release of 'Folkjokeopus' on the Awareness label, catalogue number AWL 1003. It has 'McGoohans Blues' on both sides of the LP.
    I have it myself having bought it in Virgin, Oxford St, summer '86 but am looking for confirmation that it exists for an entry I'm putting on http://rateyourmusic.com/

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Paul C.

2. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Listen to the latest podcast. Paul himself reports that he has that dodgy pressing.

Bob

3. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Yes, I have it. Mine is signed too. I bought it at the In Between Every Line launch event at the Virgin Megastore.

I spoke to Andy Ware about it shortly after. He offered a straight replacement but said that it was probably worth keeping hold of. I'm afraid I can't tell you how many got out though before the mistake was found.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  4. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

I've asked this before, but don't recall a reply - on my vinyl copy, on the Awareness label, the label was definitely misprinted. It declares something like McGoohans Blues on S1 tr1, where Sgt. Sunshine appears instead - I say that tentatively as it might be different track entirely as I haven't had anything to play vinyl on for a long while (I intend to rectify that one day).

I put it down to the "joke" in Folkjokepus but now it looks like there was one or two different production issues involved back in the day. I'll root the vinyl out at some point to verify the issues numbers, or any other identifying features, just to add to the archive.

5. pconpie

Tut Tut, no record player :biggrin:

Anyway, thanks for all your info. As i said I bought it in the summer of 86 but didn't get to play it (along with numerous others bought in Notting Hill and environs) until I returned home to Ireland in 87. That's right I had no record player either what with living in bedsit land for the best part of a year.:blushing: So my chances of exchanging it were slim (not that I really wanted to).

Cheers,

Paul C.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  6. pd

Just for fun, piccies of mine:

Attached Files:

7. pconpie

Snap. Sunset & Awareness imprints.

Attached Files:

8. pd

This is fun, I can sense a new set of posts here, "post pictures of your collection" :D

9. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

More jokes folks.....

Liberty Mono and Stereo versions.

Attached Files:

10. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Last one from me....

World Pacific.

Attached Files:

11. pconpie

Thanks Bob, I'm listening to it right now.