1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front page problems!

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by SHAUN I, Jan 3, 2009.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Hi Paul, have just installed the new IE8 and I know you're going to say what a stupid thing to do :biggrin: But it isn't showing the front page items just the text at the top. I may have to visit the site via Firefox, is anyone else experiencing problems with IE8?

P.S. all is well in the Firefox Browser!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

IE8 is still in beta testing, which means it's not for "public" consumption yet. I'm sure Microsoft have broken things, as usual, but if I get time I will download a copy and see what's amiss.

But, please, Shaun, don't use IE! It's the worst of all available options.

3. pd

I've managed to replicate the problem with IE. It's something strange to do with the youtube embedding that I used on the front page to make Dave's video show up. I'll fix this ASAP.

4. pd

Should be fixed now, it appears to be a known problem with the code youtube give you for embedding on certain site structures.

Please let me know if there are any further problems.

5. SHAUN I

Everything's ship shape now and Bristol fashion.( Was it an IE hack needed Paul?) :smash:

Cheers Shaun!

P.S. Incidentally I have got to grips with Firefox now, so thanks for the pointer!

6. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

internet explorer...? why?:confused1:

7. SHAUN I

The truth is Wobbly Bob Firefox is great, however it won't allow me to play Texas Hold 'em Poker on Facebook or Myspace, so now I play that using IE and everything else is now done on Firefox. :biggrin:

Happy Days! :cheers2: