1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Future pods

Discussion in 'Podcast' started by HarperPR, Dec 9, 2007.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Paul, I wondered whether you had perhaps thought about speaking to some of those who have worked professionally - ie fellow musicians, producers, managers et al - with Roy over the years for their reflections, favourite work etc for a future podcast? Might make for interesting listening!

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I do have some plans for mixing up the interview bit somewhat in the future once I have cleared my queue of interviewees. However I don't have many contacts. I am going to lean on Mr Crisp, who is a good friend, to see if he'll help and I had an idea of a sound technician geek-out with Tony Pugh, but who knows... I haven't got very far yet.

If anyone has "contacts" please drop me a line. I can't pay anything for people's time, unfortunately, this is a loss maker for me :)

3. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

It would be good to hear Darren Crisp, I'm sure he has more than a few stories to tell.

4. DJ Burnham

DJ Burnham I've got a zappy little nappy

Fellow musicians

I suspect that Andy Roberts might be up for a chin wag but I haven't bumped into him for a while so I'm not sure if he still lives in Brighton.
    D

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

what about Matt Churchill .... I know he's got some great stories about Roy ... though not sure if he'd want to be recorded telling them ... though I'm sure he'd make a good interviewee ?!? I have contact details for him, if need be.

6. pd

Very interesting idea Chris. Please get in touch with contact info, I would like to drop him an email... I have him friended on myspace but if there's a direct email that might be better.

P.

7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Potential Pod People

I've sent you Matt's contact details via a private message ! I spoke to him yesterday and he is well up for being a guest on one of your future podcasts !!

Using some of my other contacts ... I also have the home address of someone else who might be a good guest ... though who knows if they be up for it ... it might be worth a punt ?!? The one and only ... Kate Bush !!

[ I'll send you her address once I've checked it's correct ( via another contact ). ]

8. pd

Thanks Chris.

I'd be amazed if Kate was up for an interview, since she is notoriously reclusive (and who I am to question someone's wish for privacy) but it's worth a try!

9. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

:w00t:
    KATE!
    *faints*

10. AndyRoberts

AndyRoberts I've got a zappy little nappy

It must get a bit tedious being notoriously reclusive eventually for anybody, wouldn't you think?

11. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Ideas

How about David Bedford? His website gives the following address for contact: dvbmus@aol.com

Or Peter Jenner, who is chairman of MMF (Music Managers Forum): admin@mmf-training.com

I'm sure John Leckie would have a tale or two, but I've no idea how you'd get hold of him.

All long shots I know, but if you don't ask, you don't get!

Best,
    +A

12. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

Oh and cheers for No. 7 Paul. Vair interesting.. esp. the news of '70s footage in the vaults.

As for 'Work Of Heart', no more please. :mad:

+A

13. pd

Aha! I wondered whether any comments would be made about that track. I have to say it has not worn well, at all...

14. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

how about an interview with roy harper?!

15. pd

That's crazy talk!

16. HarperPR

You don't have to be crazy to post here, but it helps!:w00t::rofl:

17. HarperPR

So who are the 'luminaries' you have in mind then, Paul, for the future? Any hints?:wink:

David Gilmour, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Kate Bush now they would be VERY luminous!:biggrin:

Or, as he's been mentioned here, Pete Jenner (I always remember that quote of his: 'Sometimes Roy is the worst performer ever. Sometimes he's the best; it's always good theatre.')

Beep (BP Fallon) has a wealth of stories I'm sure (almost on a par with Max Clifford!).

Then there's Roger Christopher who engineered on Death or Glory (who always thinks I'm recording him, for some strange reason!:confused1:).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  18. pd

I'm going to work on the "luminaries" over time, but the next couple will be "back to basics" after the muso-heavy recent ones, and we'll have a fan on who a lot of old timers here will know and who had some really interesting things to say. I interviewed him yesterday and got 1 hour and 45 minutes or so out of him; I'm still trying to work out whether I should do it in 2 or 3 parts!

PS congratulations on your new title, HarperPR!

19. HarperPR

Ah, so the next one is a fan, male, an old timer...any more clues?:wink:

My new title, yes, came as a shock at 1400. You do like to surprise! Although your title might suit me better today: 'slightly desperate' - and trying to comprehend Norwegian!:D

20. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

How about a group interview with some of the new/young musicians doing a tribute album? Why and how they became fans, etc. Hopefully they have a savvy intern to focus on your e-query.