1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuzzy!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by aspwatterson, Nov 22, 2007.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Can you work out the fingering for All the King's Horses by Robert Plant and Strange Sensation? The internet tab sites are only showing it in Standard but am convinced it is Open Tuning?? Need it by tomorrow for Blues Club performance

cheers
    Andy

2. fuzzytnth3

fuzzytnth3 Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

jings n' crivens!

I don't know the song but shall see if I can get my hands on an mp3.

Btw I'm no expert at open tunings I've been trying to get my head round them for the last year with one of my guitars permanently in an open tuning either a C tuning (Dougie Macleans Caledonia) or a D tuning (Roy H "How Does it Feel and Methane Zone) so I wouldn't hold out much hope :closedeyes:

3. fuzzytnth3

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  4. aspwatterson

Thanks Fuzzy

Are you intending to see Nick on his tour in the absence of his father?

andi

5. fuzzytnth3

I haven't been able to get a hold of a copy of the song so I'm a bit stuffed trying to suss out the chords :(

As for seeing the Harpic I would love to but it's a bit of trek to catch some of the venues he's playing (doesn't stop Paula of course) but I have wanes to keep happy as well as a girlfriend who doesn't dig the Harpic one but then she is a self confessed amusia sufferer I mean she likes Madonna I rest my case m'lud

6. aspwatterson

First rule.. look after yer wanes..

I don't actually like the psuedonym 'Harpic'.. reminds me of disinfectant.. but I know he engendered it prob. in the first place.. and having only met the gentleman once in the presence of his greatness he smelt quite nice! And he came across as a very positive
    energy which shines thru' his personality & music.

Probably wearing Nepalese aftershave laced with... these days? I do actually have fry-ends who think Harper, Dylan and Madonna are ok? Perhaps I'm mixing with the wrong crowd?

I'm going to just play at the Blues Club tonight Franklins Tale [trad I think covered by Dylan and Redbourne?] and the mandatory Needle and the Damage done by his other Highness.. so there you go sunshine.. see you in Heaven maybe?
    gb
    andisean

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  7. aspwatterson

How does it feel to be completely unreal?

OPEN C

One of my prefered tunings which gives an enormous range which I submitted to Splinters as Open C busking thingy is CGCGCF. There obviously is a tendency to break strings in doing so. One day when funds avail themselves would love to get a really decent guitar again and do the Nick trick with detuning right down on a bass 65 gauge.. dream on tommy.. can you hear me?

andi

ps Don't know D Macleans Caledonia/ Have you heard of the chap recommended by Zoltans recent blog in Hungary?

pps What guitars do you have then?

8. fuzzytnth3

Currently I just have the two a very old Eko 12 string which I love but in fact I consider to be my Ex's (weirdly I met her guitar before I met her but that's another story) while my very first guitar a modest classical six string is in her custody albeit I have some visitation rights :) I can play it when I'm round at hers.

My other guitar is the first new guitar I ever bought, which I got only last year a Washburn six string with fancy m'lancy mother of pearl inlay, I had been sent out to get the messages as we had folks coming round that night, after two hours "shopping" instead of coming back with food, I came back with a guitar costing £400 oops! :)

I'm hoping to get my hands on a semi descent Ukulele and maybe an Oud when I'm out in Bahrain for three weeks after xmas. There are a couple of Bahrianis that I met the last time I was out there who were teaching me the Oud and also a drum shaped like two cones plonked together and you put your hand up inside it to hold it while you tapped it with the side of your thumb or just hit with your fingers. It could make a fantastic sort of crack / ringing sound when hit just right (sadly I couldn't quite get the technique :( ) . They played some amazing stuff mostly Persian, Turkish and some Bahriani songs, wish I had recorded the evening.

One of these days I will get a guitar for the office, as the number of times I've wanted to work out a tune while here at work is redic! I went shopping for a guitar recently aiming to pick up something reasonable for no more than £200 but landed up playing a very nice "poor man's/entry level" Martin that cost "only" a £1000 :w00t: luckily I made it out of there without buying anything!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  9. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Morning fuzzy friend! How are you and how's yer family? I must go cause trouble with you and number 1 daughter again soon :biggrin:

10. fuzzytnth3

Sounds like a good plan, in fact I have a cunning plan already but I suspect I need some insider info, which is maybe where you come in mahmahmah ha!! :D

What with my kids all growing up n' all I was thinking it would be cool to get em' all to Nick's Arran gig assuming it is happening again in 2008 as I know a lovely bunkhouse that has a wing that we can hire for all of us Fuzzy Troops (which will be increasing in number by one new sproggette in April btw). If we were to book soonish we could even book the whole place as it will accomodate upto 35 Harperspace folks.

I've stayed there before when we've hired the whole place from the Friday till Sunday and including food (which we cooked) it cost us £40 each. So knowing when the Midge Tour will kick off would be rather handy... hint hint :)

11. aspwatterson

Last edited: May 28, 2011