1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General recommended stuff

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 6, 2011.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

2. HarperPR

This is a cover of Every Day Is Like Sunday that my friend did. Totally knocked out when I saw it yesterday - spent the whole afternoon playing and tweeting it! I knew he was doing something, but had no idea it would be as arresting as this. See what you think...

http://t.co/4ymWWWa5

3. HarperPR

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

You must be very lucky ... or easy to please (?!?!) as you are always finding bands that you believe are the next big thing !?? I come across new bands ( or bands that are new to me ) that I really like - but very rarely do I come across one, that I think will take the "music" world by storm !?!?

5. HarperPR

Hmm, not really. I like a lot, yeah, or may see potential in but are not ones that really kick it for me personally. In last year or so, there have only been three new bands that on seeing for the first time have truly been artists that I would want in my ears in my own personal time, and not just when having to review: Clock Opera, Zulu Winter and now these, Citizens!

6. HarperPR

7. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

OK - I decided to look up who was singing on that Twinings advert. Wow.

I'd have thought she was faking that vocal intro if Nick hadn't showed me that people can do that sort of thing. Sounds like a flute!

[youtube]pSVsyU3OL6w[/youtube]

After listening to a couple of things the album's just gone on my to buy list.

8. Uriel

Aww - I'm such a sucker for this kind of stuff. Great voice and can get a little out of the ordinary on guitar:

[youtube]MF-W1xrNlG8[/youtube]

9. HarperPR

10. HarperPR

Just realised one of my friends does her PR, David. Don't know if you're still writing (?), but if she's playing near you anytime and you want to review, holla at me. Sure they'd welcome it! ;)

11. Uriel

Hmm. Don't think I've done a 'proper' gig review since my son was born and he's 2 1/2. I don't get let out that much any more :).

Still, Charlene does have a Sheffield gig coming up and I was thinking of going anyway.

12. HarperPR

I'd never heard of her before you mentioned, but I see she's starting to be talked about.

Message me if you fancy doing something and should be able to glist you. And I know where would take a review, if you don't have your own contacts.

13. HarperPR

14. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

15. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Thanks, I'll leave that to Paul - if I delete it, I'll never hear the end of it :wink: