1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hallo, I'm new here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tupelo, May 28, 2010.

1. tupelo

tupelo I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum, but not new to the musings of Roy Harper, discovered Roy Harper through Al Stewart in 1986 (Harper gets a mention on Zero She Flies, so I decided to check out his music). I started with Folkjokeopus and was hooked immediately. First Roy Harper gig was the fantastic 100 Club gig in July 1987 (supported by James Varda), since then loads more gigs, last one was Roy Harper opening for Joanna Newsom. I've got all Mr Harper's records, sometimes even more than once (original, reissue, CD reissue, I think I inherited some weird collector's gene from my dad, who has got every Beatles album 3-4 times). Also used to collect Hors D'Oeuvres magazine, etc.

But there's a very specific reason I've come here actually, I was planning to go to the Jazz Cafe gig and have bought two tickets, and now I've found I can't make it, so both tickets are up for grabs, naturally at face value. Problem of course is, as everyone knows who also has bought tickets for that gig, that the tickets are now being sent straight to the box office, and in order to pick them up you need to present some ID, so I would need to change my name to the name of whoever might want the tickets. I tried to cancel the tickets, but SeeTickets won't let me coz the show is sold out.

If anyone here wants the tickets, can you maybe sent me a PM and we can take it from there? Maybe exchange phone numbers or something?

I'm also sure that some people here might remember me from gigs, I'm a tall, German female with long curly hair.

2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Tupelo Honig? :D

3. tupelo

tupelo I've got a zappy little nappy

Oh, of course, but no my user name comes from the Nick Cave song. I completely forgot that there's an album called Tupelo Honey. :)