1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harperwatch Radio Scotland (yes, again)

Discussion in 'General' started by Wee Steve, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

As I have already mentioned on the email collective, Iain Anderson is doing Roy proud (sort of and at last) in advance of Wednesday's Folk Awards.
    Roy is his Songwriter of the Week - which just means we get one song a night for three nights.
    However, it is always interesting to see which tracks they can be persuaded to play. Normally (and I'm not complaining) it's "Cricketer", but so far we've had "If" on Monday, segued(sp?) by Nick with "Passing Chord", and then last night (Tuesday), despite the first hour of the programme being lost to the weather (we had a pre-record replacement), they fitted in "The Game" in its magnificent entirety. Interestingly, they credited it to the "Old Cricketer" album rather than "HQ" - I forget, was that an American title?

Anyway, Iain introduced the track with references to all the illuminati who credit His Royness as an influence, and then reported listeners other than myself enthusing over its inclusion.

Wednesday should be interesting.

2. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

Wednesday

For the benefit of any not in the email cabal, Wednesday night's offerings from Iain Anderson were particularly fine - "On Summer Day", over which he genuinely enthused (which he doesn't always do) and then, as a real bonus, after the midnight news, "Me and My Woman" in its entirety. And he described that as "iconic" - much as I hate the overuse of the word, it indicates at least some level of knowledge of context!
    :biggrin: