1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have camera? Want free gigs?!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Do you have a camera (even a good small digi one would suffice, doesn’t necessarily have to be the big gubbins) and like taking pix at gigs? You don’t have to be a professional, just someone who enjoys it.

I am looking for people to help me out shooting at gigs to accompany reviews. I have tried it myself, and I am rubbish – just pure rubbish! I think I have only ever used my own twice, and that was out of desperation. Twitter has helped me out a couple of times (did Smith & Burrows before Christmas at Union Chapel – no pix – trawled through Twit search next morning and found someone who seemed to be a punter and not a prof snapping for anyone, who had taken a nice pic of Tom – asked if we could use – he agreed – so we did – and it looked really good too), but I don’t really want that stress the next day.

Over the next 8 weeks or so, have these below coming up amongst others. All are in London, except Spector which I am doing Brum, Oxford and London but not decided yet which will be the reviewed one (Spector are ace – have a look at this, the next single, and I defy you not to move part of your body – if not ALL your body, ha! – along to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zeBtxhpveU ) Pix need to be front row, and in case of venues where there is a pit, I will sort you a photo pass. Usually only one shot of headliner needed; where the first support is quite a name, it may be up to four, two of headliner and two of support.

Dry The River + Clock Opera, Howler + Man Made (see post for more on Man Made. And yes, he IS Johnny Marr's son) http://stormcock.net/vb/showthread.php?p=16402#post16402 ), Blouse, Porcelain Raft + Elephant, Zulu Winter, Fairewell + Crushed Beaks, We Have Band, Bear Driver, Daystar, Gotye, Spector + David’s Lyre, Sound Of Guns, The Chapman Family, Veronica Falls, Still Corners, Breton, Cast (plus about a dozen or so more...)

I am putting this out around, so if you’re interested to do one or two – or more – get in touch. x

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012