1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello. Are you new here?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HarperPR, Dec 7, 2008.

1. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

*waves*

Hullo everyone !

:seeya:

2. Swandive

Swandive I've got a zappy little nappy

Not quite a newbie, was on here a few years ago with the username tiehishairinbunches. Figured I'd wade my way back in here to be a bit more involved.

So...hi. Hope everyone's having a good day. I'm in bed with flu, blerrrgh.

<3 Tash

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

TASH! *hugs* :biggrin:
    So you're legal for 18+ gigs now, hee hee! :wink:
    Were you at Classic Grand t'other night? Was looking out for you but never spotted ya if you were!

4. Swandive

Swandive I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi Paula <3 *hugs*
    Yes, so glad to be done with all that bloody fretting about the gigs, grr.
    I didn't make it, no. Absolutely gutted. But I am skint at the moment so was probably for the best, as rent is apparently a priority. Am living Edinburgh now for Uni though, so all gigs should be a lot easier for me to make it to. Will hopefully make it to the ABC gig also, should funds permit (i.e. depending on how long I can go without food for =p)
    Hope you're well <3

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Aww boo, I remember student days and money problems! Hope you can get along... sadly I won't make it to the April gig so I hope you can represent :biggrin:

Drop me a line and we can maybe meet up at a gig soon :cheers2:

6. Adi

Adi I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi,
    yep I'm a newbie here...:blushing:

I'm a HUGE Led Zeppelin fan and thats how I got into Roy...I first heard Roys stuff in the 80's when he did Jugula with Jimmy Page and have been a fan ever since.. seen him a few times over the years,mostly at the Red Lion pub in Birmingham and every time its been amazing...

I've only found out about this site from the podcast I found the other day,when I was looking for Roy's stuff on iTunes and came across the ROY HARPER PODCAST..outstanding stuff BTW.

I'm kinda new at this and hope to find out more about Roy and "chat" about all things Harper....:m14:

7. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Hi Adi,

Welcome, and I'm very pleased to hear that you like the podcast :)

Paul.

8. Adi

Adi I've got a zappy little nappy

thank you Paul for the welcome,

I like the fact that you get to listen to one of Roy's songs as well as a interview..:biggrin:

9. micmacmoc

micmacmoc I've got a zappy little nappy

hello from cornwall

Hello All,
    notsure yet what this forum is for, I found it when looking for a recipe for my first all grain brew of Tim Taylor. By coincidence yer man has all the same gear as I have just bought AND wanting to do Tim Taylor AND using Maris Otter malt. Wow. THEN I have a quick shufty hereabouts and find loads of references to Roy Harper. Heh. He told me to 'shut up' once at brambles farm festival in the 80s. I was being a noisy pillock, he was right!
    Well here you go, I'm micmacmoc here in Cornwall and saying hello to you all. Hello!
    My first brew due on Thursday pm and will follow the instructions as posted here, thanks all.

10. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Hello micmacmoc, and welcome fellow Harper fanatic.. :biggrin:

11. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Here are some dodgy old snaps of Roy at Brambles. I'm sure I had one from the stage area looking out at the crowd as well. I'll have to dig it out and see if you're on it :wink:

http://www.stormcock.net/node/167

12. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Ha, micmac, I think I know you from elsewhere....*

H2H, I am MeurglysIII, I am not a number...

now all we need to do is get Vybik, Amazon, Kid Calamity, HandofDave, StThomas and all the rest over here......

*hic*....

*unless there is more than one micmacmad in Megavissey....

13. pd

This has really tickled me... having someone find the site via my beer making blog entry rather than the music :) Welcome...

Hope the brew goes well. Mine turned out really well though for some reason it's been taking an absolute age to clear properly. I'm wondering if the hot weather had something to do with it. It's strange... the one I did after the TTL (Wadworth 6x) is already crystal clear after just a couple of weeks in the barrel. I did mash at too low a temperature due to a faulty thermometer, so perhaps that caused the problem.

My next brew is going to have my first foray into water treatment so I'll probably blog about that... it won't be for a few weeks though as I have loads of beer to drink first! It'll most likely be an Exmoor Gold from Graham Wheelers book.

Cheers

Paul.

14. micmacmoc

ha!

Wonderful seeing the brambles farm shots, by that time i was well away on planet loolah with the mushrooms those welsh guys were giving away with mulled wine and some REALLY heavy acid, I did'nt have any again for a VERY long time after that! Those days are long gone for me, I'm almost grown up now! The thing that really stuck in my memory about Roy was how beautiful his guitar looked and sounded. I immediately wanted one. Was it an Ovation?

Hello MeurglysIII! Wondered whther there may be some H2H stragglers hereabouts! Are you going to the bristol event this weekend? Is cope actually playing there? I wish I had noticed it earlier and would have gone, but working in the shop 7 days a week now means much forward planning and its too late to get cover now.

PD! Unbelieveable, I have planned 6X to be my next brew too! I have'nt bought Graham Wheeler's book yet but I think today may be the day. I am also looking for an Otter Ale recipe. It would appear that we like our ales hoppy and refreshing. Exmoor Gold would be a favourite too, proper sunny weather beer. I'm already doing the half a camden tablet and 1/2 tsp of gypsum to harden the 'liquor'.
    I feel at home here already, thanks all!
    stewart in mevagissey aka micmacmoc aka the gobby stoned one at brambles farm 85!

15. pd

Hah!

My first one was Summer Lightning (again from Graham's book) and it was absolutely fantastic. I think I'll be making that one again before too long. I do have Sarah Hughes dark ruby mild planned for when it gets colder though.

I had a quick look for otter ale but haven't seen any recipes...

Hmm... I wonder if there's any mileage in a home brewer podcast :)

P.

16. micmacmoc

typically i have already changed my mind. I'll still do a gram for gram copy of your TT landlord.....but I have some tins of extract, frozen hops and old crystal and some root ginger. I'm going to make a ginger ale. Thats if theres any time left (and I have'nt drank too much) after the tim taylor brew. How long did your brew take PD? I'm starting at 18.30 if i can get out of my shop on time.
    Again, thanks so much for your blog, its going to stop me becoming confused. Though I don't have the help of a cat.

17. pd

Hmm... I hate to break it to you but I think my first brew was about 7 hours start to finish... I think I have it down to 5 or 6 hours now. So it might be a bit of late night! Or, perhaps you are less of a ditherer than me. I spent a lot of time messing around with weighing, taking temperature readings, and so on for the first one. Extract brews are of course a lot quicker because you don't have all the mashing and sparging time...

Really looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

18. micmacmoc

oh dear, I've just got home (two pints of Betty Stogs too) and the boiler is on, well the wifes away and I've all night, the pc and the ipod on random play. Expect idiot postings from the Mevagissey brewhouse, I will apologise in advance for the declining nature of any further postings.
    I should probably try to eat something other than crisps and beer.

19. micmacmoc

Jeez. what a night....That avatar of yours doesn't help mr.PD (or missus PD, I wouldn't know). It reminds me of....Brambles Farm...oh no. Flashbacks...
    er
    the beer or more accurately...the wort is boiling and the smell is magnificent (worth it alone). I have fekked up big time here and there. Never mind. More when I'm sober. Its still boiling. I'm shattered. Can I please go to BED?
    er...no. Theres the second hopping . the cooling. the yeast. The big fat doobie I promised myself. And theres been no guitar playing yet. RIGHT. I'm tuning up the electric and doing 'hangman' as a tribute to the harper (being the song i remember he and pagey doing on ogwt all those years ago...video anyone? Ma-aa-aa-aark (ba) Ellen?)
    er sorry bare with me.

now pissed and playingg guitar to no-one in my cellar of doom with boiling ale-juice as company. Life just keeps getting better. It really is wasted on the young, I know I was young once and did I appreciate it? Dunno, can't remember, these kids nowadays, they'll remember their youth, see....wasted isn't it.
    Any requests before I tune up?

20. micmacmoc

heh....wonkered here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXzWiQP9Zo&NR=1

that brought back memories....while I watched the beer cooled and we're nearly there. Will say farewell soon. Is anyone going to read this? What Harper album do you recomend me as my first? I seem to remember a rizla packet thingy. Was that with pagey?
    Back to some terrible guitarring while the beer cools.
    Pip pip
    moc
    xxx