1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Tony B!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HarperPR, Dec 3, 2007.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I see you're 'toned up' for the next tour then - haha!

2. toneitup

toneitup Guest

Hi Linn and everybody else.
    I've finally got off my behind and moved over to this forum. (from the dark side). I think I will have met (and probably annoyed!) a lot of you over the years, at various Nick and Roy gigs. But hello again to everyone!

I think I'm going to dive off the deep end and go straight into discussing the songs ; They do say that people from Leeds are the most opinionated (or is that self-opinionated?) in the country. I've also been trying to remember any anecdotes from the early eighties when I first started going to Roy Harper gigs. Unfortunately, it's all just a warm fuzzy haze. (P.D. - were you at any gigs around Leeds at that time? I'm sure we've crossed paths before.)

Anyway, Cheers everybody.

Tony.

3. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Hi Tony and welcome!

I don't think I've ever been to a Leeds RH gig, so maybe I have a doppelganger. Actually, in the early 80s I was at University in London and was far too impoverished to travel far to gigs. We were also rather spoilt in those days for London gigs anyway. I was at Newcastle Uni 1986-7 and saw some "Northern" gigs at that point but I can only really remember the one at Whitley Bay that well, where he played "Same Old Rock" with the late Isaac Guillory.

Anyway - looking forward to song/lyric discussions and anything that your memory can dredge up from that warm fuzzy haze you mention, that I also seem to suffer with from those days :biggrin:

Paul.

4. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hey Tony!

I'm told I may know you from that other place (a little bird told me!) but I can't remember what your login over there was!

Anyways, Hi :seeya:

5. HarperPR

He used to tone it down then rather than up!

6. critch

:sifone: Maybe I didn't post them afterall - my memory seems to be going...! :w00t:

7. HarperPR

You been smoking those funny cigarettes again?!

And how many more posts do I need before I too can roll spliffs for Captain Kirk (a long cherished wish)?!

8. HarperPR

Ha! I've done it!

9. critch

And I thought I was the only one who thought they should put jokes on the inside of the packs like they used to do with the sticks on ice lollies! :blink: