1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by paulvcarter, Sep 15, 2009.

1. paulvcarter

paulvcarter I've got a zappy little nappy

Hi, I am a long time Roy & Nick fan now based in New York (10yrs), having found Roy's work in the early 70's (while at school) I have followed his career and bought every record.

I was listening to the podcast (love em!) today and thought I'd share some pics and video of Nick's show last Sunday in New York City.

The first and only time I have seen Roy was in 1985 in Hull at the Truck Theatre - awesome show at which I shared a joint with Roy in his dressing room. Those were the days.

Attached Files:

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Hi Paul,

Welcome aboard, and I'm glad you like the podcasts :)

Paul.

3. paulvcarter

I spoke to Nick for a couple of minutes, he was very gracious and signed a CD for a friend, it was a very small venue and it was amazing to get to chat with him and Glenn. He said he was coming back in November and would come back more but it's hard as he has no record deal here in US.

I wished I had been less awestruck, I probably came over as a blabbering idiot, I meant to ask him how Roy is ....

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Hi Paul - again! Me, in my other guise!

Those were indeed the days, when you could do ANY kind of smoking in dressing rooms!

Will you be seeing Nick again in Nov?

5. paulvcarter

Yes I have tickets for Nick's show in NYC in Nov. I plan to take my still camera this time for some good shots, it's my other hobby.

6. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Toking

In fact it wasn't even persona non grata to do it in public on the stage if I recall in a hazy blur of sensation!

Make sure our Nick returns to these shores safely; we worry about him in the big Apple outside world over there!

andi

7. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

NY State of ...

Welcome, Paul!

I got my B.S. in upstate NY in 1981, after discovering Roy. Then I lost track of his NEWER music until iTunes and Roy's online shop a year ago.

Sounds like the ABBEY (Cy will be there in Chi-Town, possibly w/ Nick in November) might have some good ALE. Let me know If I can buy you a round!:)

8. paulvcarter

Great I will be at the venue, it's City Winery so not much beer on hand I think.

If you see a guy with a big camera it's prolly me. :D

9. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Hi Paul

Welcome aboard. You may be amused by some of my early blogs on this website from when I was in NYC in 2006/7. Wish Nick had visited then!

10. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

Hulloooo to yooouuuu !

:grouphug: