1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi everyone:there's something about Roy.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TK, Jun 12, 2011.

1. TK

TK I've got a zappy little nappy

It started in '71 at 14 when Flat Baroque was one of my few albums and I played it again and again. Later Roy's music was at my daughters birth, was one of the reasons I got together with my partner and four years ago Roy's music was at his funeral. Seen Roy loads of times and just managed to face buying a ticket for his 70th and thought I'd join the site.

2. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I used to wear out HQ and Valentine... (still do)

Welcome, TK! You have me beat by 4+ years, and probably a few thousand hours of listening experience. I found this Forum and have spent almost three years catching up on all I missed.

Hope you spread the enthusiasm and help raise the world's consciousness of Roy! You mention the associated memories Roy brings to mind for you. I think it's the same for all of us.

Amazing voice, words AND music!

3. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Welcome TK, FB&B was my intro to Roy too back in 1976 and his music is always a comfort when life is difficult and painful.

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hey TK, lovely to see you here! I got into Roy through Nick (who I first saw playing with Squeeze - so non-traditional all around for me :wink: ) but I have come to love his music too...