1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hola!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dotjay, Apr 11, 2010.

1. dotjay

dotjay I've got a zappy little nappy

Well, I've finally signed up to the Stormcock forums. I can't believe it's been so long since I've been along to the Harper forums that the last time I posted was on the old Harperspace forum in 2007. Anyway, good to be back!

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Buenos dias, Dot! Been listening to Two Seconds again? I am psychic.:wink: Did you give up on an Exeter comment?

3. dotjay

Psychic? Or last.fm stalker?! :) I've been playing through some of Nick's tunings. I always come away from gigs inspired to practice more –*I've gotten so rusty in recent years! Currently attempting to figure out a version of Blue Sky Thinking on a standard guitar setup.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Exeter gig, thanks. I added a comment to the Exeter thread just now.

4. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Buon Giorno, Guten Tag, Bon Jour, Dobry Verichuru (I always mangle my Polish salutations!)

Caught you TABBING Nick! If you're in the Chicago area, pm me and we can try practicing all things Harper. Otherwise, WD40 those guitar fingers. We creative types are sort of in the minority here!

5. dotjay

Hi there! Heh, if only I was tabbing Nick! I'm figuring out versions on my acoustic, but the tabs I linked to were all the hard work of Rooben.

It's been so long since I last regularly played my guitar, I'm now starting to remember what it's like to have calluses on my fingers!

Jon

6. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I might've had you confused w/ Lemurjin and justhebo, one of whom started me tabbing Mick's "Magic Feather" w/ their own tabs.

I've kept my calluses. But I've got a few friends who were better than I am now when they quit playing regularly years ago.

Keep it up, Jon! Even if it's just for fun, it's good for keeping the brain and fingers and heart young!