1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holmfirth 9th May

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by p.e.todd@btinternet.com, Apr 12, 2008.

1. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

p.e.todd@btinternet.com I've got a zappy little nappy

Listed on the Holmfirth Picturedrome website and was postered there last month but not anywhere else.

Is this gig on?

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Where else would you like it to be, darling?!:)

3. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Oh, that's really helpful...

As far as I know, the gig is going ahead, Nick had mentioned playing Holmfirth when I spoke to him after the Glee Club gig, but as it's not on Harperspace yet I didn't want to post it on the Myspace site... if I find out anything different I will say!

Think I'd like to go to that one, actually - it's a good night out there :)

4. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

Peterborough!:wink:

5. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

My thoughts exactly. Its not even mentioned on the festival site. Best of all for me is that I'm on holibobs that week too! :biggrin:

6. scotpaulabear

I don't think the festy site has any of the Picturedrome gigs on it. Noticed cos I was interested in seeing the Family Mahone again too - now there's a band with a fine line in drinking songs... :8:

Maybe see you on the 9th then :wink:

7. HarperPR

The reply was to my friend Phil, actually.

The event is on the official website, where else would it be required to be is what I simply meant. It has been confirmed and is there.

Nick will shortly being putting his next batch of dates up on harperspace, and until then, other than those than have already been advertised and are out, I cannot add more. Lips are sealed. No comment, de-da-de-da!:biggrin:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  8. HarperPR

Do you mean with the Picturedrome or without....?:wink:

I am sure he will get to the 'boro one day. What's yer bestest venue - is it only the Cresset?!:)

9. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

P'boro

I used to live in Peterborough, I still miss the place! (my family still live there) A great venue Roy used to visit was the Key Theatre..:m8:

10. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

The Cresset's good but we also have the Broadway, formerly the odeon cinema. kate rusby played there recently and as Shaun said the Key theatre which could be the best venue for Nick. I think the Cresset and Broadway will be a bit on the large side for Nick

I'd really love to see him at the annual beer festival though it has a dedicated music tent between the 2 beer tents and I think he'd go down well there.

Also there's the met lounge which has a lot of indy type bands there

11. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

As it was on the poster I saw at the picturedrome a couple of weeks ago as being part of the folk festival I expected it to be on the festival site as well.

The other thing that made me ask was an asterisk by the gig on the picturedrome site which I could find nothing about there.

Good to know its on anyway Linn and thanks for being a friend yeah! :biggrin:

12. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

The key also has the distinct advantage of having one the best pubs in Peterborough 2 mins walk away:

http://www.oakhamales.com/chartershome1.asp

13. HarperPR

The * indicates artists appearing as part of the Rock and Blues Weekend the week before, and then those as part of the Holmfirth Festival and not as Picturedrome presentations.

14. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

DOH! :blushing::iamwithstupid:

15. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

It used to be a chinese restaurant when I lived there, it's the 30th anniversary of the beer festival this year on the embankment too, I might have a trip down there in August for old times sake! :cheers2: :auto:

16. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

No Shaun. Thats a different barge and its still there. Charter's is the other side of Town bridge.

If you do come for the beerfest let me know and we'll meet up. I'll be there each evening

17. scotpaulabear

So, who's Holmfirth-ing then?
    Checked with my Ilkley mate last night and YAY all systems are go :14:

18. Big Bob

Big Bob I've got a zappy little nappy

I'll be at Holmfirth.

If anyone's there before me, please ask Nick not to start the gig until after I arrive!!

Big Bob

:D

19. p.e.todd@btinternet.com

Oh yes (in Churchill bulldog voice) :biggrin:

20. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Thinking about it. Not too far i suppose. Might try and find a couple of virgins to sacrifice....