1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hors D'Oeuvres Magazine: Interested?

Discussion in 'General' started by pd, Jan 9, 2009.

?

Would you buy a one-off Hors D'Oeuvres Magazine?

Poll closed Feb 8, 2009.
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    96.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Well, I've done my bit(s). And I did offer a possible 'scoop' bit, but the project then sounded as if it was more off than on. :confused1:

2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

3. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Woah ... what excellent work! You should do this graphic design/layout stuff for a living Pete ... :)

And I never did write that article for you. What a slacker. Nice touch to use Linn's booklet, a lot of people will never have seen that.

4. pete c

Yeah although you can't read it on this version, the proper file to follow will be about 19Mb though, quite a hefty download but crystal clear. I'll get it up by Monday hopefully. Thanks to our kid for use of his webspace to host.

I won't be getting this printed as I don't envisage it paying for itself, so either read it online or download & print if you prefer.

Tbh it's not what I hoped it would be, but I wanted to publish it so you can read the article Paul did on Radio Paradise & Nick, more than anything else. I felt it was going to waste.

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Pete! Love it! Not just sayin' that cos my pics are in it! :biggrin:
    I love a good 'zine read, can't wait to get stuck in once I'm home from work...

6. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

That looks awesome, I'm looking forward to downloading and reading (but there's only so much one can do with 7mb of space spare on the drive!) :D

7. HarperPR

I'd settle for a mobile friendly version right now - I'm not getting out of bed to the PC unless it's in my best (financial) interests!

Do you now want all the names I collated?

8. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

My vote got lost in the Mail

Tremendous!

I want one!

I don't know how I kept missing this post (yes I do. I check out "new posts" then lose the updated list when I log out by writing for too long).

This is a sort of thing we should hand around to friends. A nice professional touch. Shows how serious we fans can be!

(we're not nuts, we're dedicated! Right, SPB?)

9. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I couldn't possibly comment, NC :D

10. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Pete

Had problems relocating it on this thread, perhaps it should be more sticky or put somewhere more permanent on front page display? I think it's absolutely amazing what you have done! Maybe LHSF would finance a print run with profits to charity? T'will be interesting to hear Roy/Tracey and Nick's comments on your gifted work.Paul's bound to give it prominence in his next Pod.

Thanks a lot
    cheers
    andi

11. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I was waiting for the high res version then was gonna feature it on the front page and also of course on the next podcast :)

P.

12. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

Pete's coming to mine tonight, so he may well bring a CD with it on for me to upload.

13. pete c

Having trouble getting the file size/legibility ratio satisfactory... It's working out at 120Mb currently....

Will try to upload it* soon.

*well, sadfish will...

14. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

If its any help, I can read the one you already posted absulutely fine.

15. pete c

Yes but the pics and scanned programmes etc are fuzzy. I want to have the option of downloading a better version. Got it down to about 19mb now, still not crystal clear but better. Will bring it tonite.

16. pete c

17. HarperPR

It looks SOOOOO nice!

I think it shoudl become a regular (quarterly?) thing?

Why not?:wink:

18. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Well...

Went into this link and it automatically downloaded but where's it gone on my computer...ain't under downloads, my documents, media player,desktop... where's it gone?

andi :confused1: :bored: :confused1:

19. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Probably on your C-drive downloads andi..click computer then right click HDD (C)-drive and click downloads, wouldn't think it can be in too many other places,

20. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Or search for "HdOmed.pdf", or dowload it again and watch to see where it's being saved to... Good luck.