1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hors d'Oeuvres seems like a lifetime ago

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DaveCarlin, Nov 12, 2009.

1. DaveCarlin

DaveCarlin I've got a zappy little nappy

Oh what great memories I have of putting out HdO in the 80's & 90's.
    Myself & Darren put the magazine together for nearly 10 years and it was a great shame it ever folded. Lovely to see Pete's on-line new issue.

I've dropped in & out of here over the years but never actually posted til now. Hope to pay more attention in future. Still listening to all those crazy shows and CDs. Still think Born in Captivity is one of the best along with Stopcock of course.

Dave Carlin
    Sheffield

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hey Dave, lovely to e-meet you - Hd'O is/was a very cool 'zine :biggrin:

3. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Hey Dave, great to hear from you, hope you'll stick around.
    How's things with you & yours these days? Gawd we're codgers now aren't we? :-(

Pete

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Woo hooooo, Dave. The good old days, eh! Is Jack's in Sheffield still selling back issues of it?:D

I was thinking last night after saw your post that I met a guy through HDO (oohhh, dating service too! No, erm, wasn't like that....) back around 93 time when I contacted him and others via HDO who had either had a letter published or contributed. I think it was with view to getting a get-together together (!). Anyway, he played with a band and I remember going to see him at a pub in north London....can't remember anymore what his name was, what he looked like, name of band, name of pub, area.....but if that was YOU (who may be reading) this, well that was ME!!!!!

5. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Hi Dave, how are you?
    I bought all the Hd'o mags from you in the 90's
    hope you are well
    Barry

6. DaveCarlin

Jack's closed down last year! And yes - unbelievably - they still had the last issue of HdO from 1995 on the wall in 2008.
    Not a good sign really.

Dave

7. DaveCarlin

Pete, we're all well here. On-line issue of HdO is excellent and incorporating NH too. I guess 15 years between issues was about the way we were heading! Incidentally, it's spooky that you have titled it 'Issue 29' - The final printed HdO was 27 and back around the time of The Dream Society I did put together a provisional Issue 28 which never went to print.

I hope you will be able to build up the HdO back-issue site

Dave

8. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

I knew that. ;-)

not really. I thought 29 sounded about right. Stick around Dave, have you been listening to Paul's podcasts?

9. DaveCarlin

I haven't but will put some time aside to go through them
    DC

10. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Great to see you here Dave. Re podcasts, there's an awful lot to catch on there so I apologise in advance for the droning sound of my voice :D

11. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

They had loads when we did the instore in 07 - was that you offloading them, haha?!

So, Jack's has bit the dust, eh. Think Nick jinxed a few of those stores, ie Fopp.:biggrin: