1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How-D!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by KitaIsMyDog, Jan 5, 2010.

1. KitaIsMyDog

KitaIsMyDog I've got a zappy little nappy

Hey this is Mike in California. I just saw the Everest Rocks doc on Palladia and it was great! Nicks song "Imaginary Friend" made me well up big time. That is an awesome tribute Nick, really nice going.

I did have a question though. The native Napali song that Nick sang, was it "Rishon Thu Rede???"
    I want that! How can I procure it?
    Thanks All, good to be here.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Hi Mike. The Nepali folk song is Reshan fi ri ri. You know the Everest Rocks doc is available on DVD?

3. KitaIsMyDog

That's it!!!
    Yes I was aware that the DVD was available but was unsure if that particular song would be included on the disc in its entirety.
    Now, onto the DVD!
    Thank you veeeeery much.

4. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

How are ya Mike? :D and whereabouts in Cali' are you based, I spent several years there and thoroughly enjoyed it :D I wonder if Nick will be back over that way at any time?

5. KitaIsMyDog

Hey Travellerman!
    I'm a native San Francisco Bay Area local. Yeah I too hope Nick would head out this way. I haven't seen anything on his site indicating a visit out here. I'd be all over it if he would.
    I'm packing for my trek as I type this to you. I'm headed back to Thailand and hope to hit Cambodia and Vietnam too. I love staying in nice places but I feel the only way to experience a countrys true culture is to befriend the locals and spend quality time with them during their ordinary days. Got errands to run? Let's do them together. I've met some incredible people all over the world this way. I just buy a plane ticket and figure it out when I get there.
    Where were you when you were in CA and what did you like best about your experience here?
    Nice posting with ya!

6. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Mike, Nick was over on the West Coast including SF back in November, on a support tour with Cy Curnin.

7. KitaIsMyDog

What a bummer!
    I'm totally new to Nicks music as I first discovered him watching the Everest piece. I missed Cy's last appearance here in the states. I've been a Cy fan since way, way back. He's always been a part of my life as I was growin' up.
    Man, always a day late and a dollar short.
    I WILL see Nick when he returns. (holding breath)

8. Travellerman

I lived in Sonoma for 4 years, San Anselmo for 2 and I've been to a few other places ;-) What did I like best? Hmmmmm, in no particular order...the girls, the climate, Redwoods, Sequoias, Trails, the openess and friendliness of the people, 2 o'clock bar closing, the girls, cheap gas, open roads, empty spaces, Kings Canyon, Yosemite, Tahoe, the Sierras, Big Sur, Highway 1, Occidental, Sebastapol, heading west on the Coleman Valley Road before the fog rolls in, the girls, fires on the beach at Salmon Creek, Old movie theatres, Sunday Brunch in the city, Thanksgiving, Clam chowder, and errrrrrrr the girls :wink:

9. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Zounds

Sounds like paradise if you ask me, without the frisky snowdrift weather!

andi

10. KitaIsMyDog

Ahhh Sonoma... What a relaxing location. I'm out in the east wine country, the Livermore Valley Vineyards. It's also a slower paced lifestyle with lots of places to ride motocross, which is my other love in life.
    I occasionally hop onto BART, (Bay Area Rapid Transit) for a quick roundtrip juant over to SF specifically for the chowder. Hmm, now you've placed a little bug in my mind. I guess I'm free tomorrow. :)
    And the girls, they're a big plus out here but I don't discriminate as I've been with my girl, which is full South Korean for over 3 years now. She keeps me on the straight and narrow. ;)
    Any plans on a return trip???
    We've got a Yosemite trek planned this June. Something to think about.
    Peace!

11. Travellerman

The last time I was in Yosemite my buddy and I hiked Half Dome, have you any plans? it's a good hike and there are some photos on my www. :D

As for return trips to Ca, I've been back and forth since '97 but there are no immediate plans to go back again. Still, I'd love to have two weeks car camping through the State again. :D

12. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I lived in LA in 1980 for my MGM internship and haven't been back in a long time.

I was new to Nick's music too, but now have 5 of his CDs and saw him in Chicago just before Thanksgiving. Great show solo and with Cy!

Have you caught any of the Firesign Theatre's shows in CA or WA, now that they're sort of on a perpetual 40th anniversary tour of every Satire album they produced? (Sorry, I'm the only one who ever mentions FST on the Stormcock Forum...). Phil Proctor was 5 miles away 2 months ago and I just missed him, so I sort feel the way you do just missing Nick.