1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many times fun poll

Discussion in 'General' started by aspwatterson, Sep 30, 2012.

?

How many times have you seen Roy live?

1. Never

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Once

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 - 5

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. 5 -10

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. 10 - 20

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  6. 20 -30

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. 30 - 50

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. 50 - 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Over 100

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. 500 +

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Here in the Chicago area Hurricane Sandy still gave us 40mph winds, light gray skies and a short sprinkle or two of rain, but nothing like the east coast. If it affected us 800-900 miles inland, it's easy to see how low-lying areas around New Jersey and NYC were so devastated by the storm surge.

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  3. robbnot

robbnot I've got a zappy little nappy

i reckon 30-50 ? but it could be more....
    no its probably around the 35 to 40ish

4. spiderdlb

spiderdlb a choice with no voice

I'll definitely have to go for timespan rather than numbers!
    I've managed 8 as far as I can remember, I used this site to check the ones I could find
    http://musicnaut.iki.fi/musicnaut/royharper/live.html
    but two weren't listed and I know they happened because I was there! I even recommended Roy to the bloke that ran Moles Club in Bath: it was a fabulous evening, with Roy, two guitars, a few beers, about 30 very appreciative fans...and a club owner wondering where his profit had gone! It was probably May in 1983 as I remember Roy saying 'vote for the blues, they'll take everything apart and we can start again!' and that being too good a cue to miss for one young whippersnapper not to call out for McGoohan's Blues....and we got it - all of it! Funnily enough the club owner asked me a while later about this Peter Hammill chap and booked him, too! PH had his band with him, so the owner got a bigger crowd that time and was financially secure; but Roy's gig was priceless.
    Here they are (I know, I'm supposed to vote not waffle, but I've always found the latter easier to live with!):
    Royal Albert Hall 12/2/1973; Knebworth 5/7/1975; Kent University ?1978; Glastonbury 19/6/1981; Moles Club, Bath May? 1983; Marlowe Theatre Canterbury 18/4/1990; UEA Norwich 19/10/2005; Royal Festival Hall 8/11/2011
    The Bold ones were GOLD ones!
    I'm a real newcomer to Nick's concerts: just three (mind you that is in 3 or 4 years, so on average.....), and they were all in Hertford.
    On 2nd December I'll notch up my first Jonathan Wilson concert in Norwich.
    Now, what was the question?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    robbnot likes this.
  5. Hector

Hector I've got a zappy little nappy