1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hull Cracking

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by savsav, Feb 5, 2012.

1. savsav

savsav I've got a zappy little nappy

Hello all, I thought it was time to have my say on Nick Harper. I first saw Nick about 10 years ago as my friend Martin arranged a gig for him in Hull and said I should go. To be honest I didn't want to go but thought what the hell I'll give it a go. I'm a guitarist my self and to be honest like most guitarist very hard to please! Nick Harper blew my mind, how one man can captivate an audience like he does is something very special. Since then I have seen him many times, championed Nick to anybody who would listen and can not remember a bad gig. Last Thursday I saw him at the Pave bar in Hull and apart from the sound issues he was again very good ( voice was stunning). I invited my friend who is blind (and top notch musician) to the gig and explained that all though it's one man and an acoustic the sound is massive! Needless to say once the big guitar kicked in he was amazed. My Friend said shut your eys and listen so I did, never done it before but he was right just amazing!

One more thing Why do people pay good money to see the man and then talk all the way through!! In my opinion the in between song banter is a big part of NH gig

Cheers Sav

2. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Welcome savsav!

I've only been lucky to see (then meet) Nick with Cy Curnin in Chicago in '09.
    (See photos in my profile).

He is absolutely amazing, but when you consider his 'pedigree' how could we expect anything less?

Please don't be a stranger to the Forums. Lots of us are irregulars, and replies are sometimes hit and miss. Most love to talk and hear about gigs, so check that out!