1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'd forgotten how beautiful......

Discussion in 'Words and Music' started by pixiefitz, Aug 11, 2008.

1. pixiefitz

pixiefitz I've got a zappy little nappy

Having moved house more than enough times over the last few years, it's been great to finally settle in a "home". Having done that, I was able to get out all my old vinyl (and dare I say it, cassettes :blushing:) that I haven't seen or heard for what must be at least 8 years, and rediscover LOADS of music I hadn't heard for what seems like a lifetime! The upside of that is that it's like listening to some things for the first time, and with others it's like coming face to face with your best friend that you haven't seen for years, but because you know each other so well, you're able to pick up exactly where you left off....... Well, I've become re-acquainted with Flat, Baroque and Berserk over the weekend, and I really had forgotten how beautiful those poems to music of Roy's are.

Welcome back, old friend :thumbup:

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Know who your friends are...

Don't you just hate bumping into old friends who remember you owe them £20 from years ago? That's what friends are for I've always thought!! How can you count when it comes to friendship? If it's not give and take then it's obviously not a real synergistic entity. Now where's my little black book of creditors/debtors?

chrs
    andi

3. pixiefitz

pixiefitz I've got a zappy little nappy

yeah, but isn't it great when you bump into an old friend that owes you 20 quid - you've forgotten, and they haven't!!! Bonus :wink: