1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMPT: Nick rocks Kilimanjaro - Sept/Oct 2009 :D

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by scotpaulabear, Dec 3, 2008.

1. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

2. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

14000 dollars? I'll just have a look down the back of the sofa..... No, nothing there at the moment.

Hey Paula, you coludn't do me a favour could you? I need to borrow $14,000? It's for this thing about ya know stuff and that to do and the like ya know...

3. scotpaulabear

Yah suuuuuuure! What bank are we knockin' over? :rofl:

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

here you are critch, your problems could be solved :D
    I AM MR. PIERRE JEAN, A BANKER IN ONE OF THE REPUTABLE BANK IN BURKINA FASO. I HAVE DECIDED TO CONTACT YOU ON A BUSINESS WEALTH OF $10.500.000.M THE DEPOSITOR OF THE SAID FUND DIED WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY DURING THE IRAQ WAR IN 2006. THE CUSTOMER USED HIS WIFE AS THE NEXT OF KIN BUT UNFORTUNATELY, THE WIFE DIED ALONG SIDE WITH HIM LEAVING NOBODY FOR THE CLIAM.ACCORDING TO OUR BANKING LAW, IF THE FUND REMAIN UNCLAIMED FOR TWO (2) YEARS THEN, THE FUND WILL BE TRANSFER INTO THE RESERVE BANK OF BURKINA AS UNCLAIMED BILL. I DON'T WANT THE FUND TO GO INTO THE BANK TREASURY AND AS SUCH, LET US CLAIM THE FUND. I WANT TO PRESENT YOU AS HIS COUSIN OR BUSINESS PARTNER SO THAT THE BANK WILL TRANSFER THE FUND INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT FOR US TO SHARE IT. YOUR PERCENTAGE WILL BE 40% WHILE 60% WILL BE FOR ME. AS AN INSIDER IN THIS BANK, I ASSURE YOU THAT, THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% RISK FREE. IF YOU ARE WILLING FOR THIS DEAL, CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAILS BUT IF YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE, PLEASE NOTIFY ME. THE TRANSACTION WILL TAKE US ONLY 14 BANKING DAYS. NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT THE FUND AND AS SUCH, YOU MUST KEEP THE SECRET WITHIN YOU OK.YOU MUST KEEP THIS DEAL AS SECRET FOR THE SECURITY OF THE FUND. DO NOT DISCLOSE THIS DEAL TO ANYBODY BECAUSE I WANT THE SECRET TO BE BETWEEN US ONLY. I WILL GIVE YOU THE TEXT OF THE APPLICATION TO FILL AND SEND TO THE BANK FOR THE RELEASE OF THE FUND INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT ON THE RECEIPT OF YOUR MESSAGE. I WILL MONITORING THE WHOLE SITUATION HERE IN THE BANK UNTIL YOU CONFIRM THE MONEY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND ASK ME TO COME DOWN TO YOUR COUNTRY FOR SUBSEQUENT SHARING OF THE FUND ACCORDING TO PERCENTAGE INDICATED ABOVE. YOU CAN SEE THE NEWS IN BBC AND CNN REGARDING THEIR DEATH: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/10/11/iraq.deaths/ http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6040054.stm I WILL BE GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU AS SOON AS YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE AS TO ENABLE ME GIVE YOU THE APPLICATION TO FILL AND SEND TO THE BANK.

5. critch

What? I thought the banks didn't have any money at the moment? :wink:

6. critch

Wow! What a nice guy!

How do these e-mails work? What part of that doesn't scream "Too good to be true!" I suppose if you send enough you'll get some sap going for it. Of course what makes it worse then is the fact that they're praying on not only the poor but the stupid. Now that is really mean. Or maybe it's just a new version of suvival of the fittest in this internet age.

7. scotpaulabear

Hey the government bails them out with our money, surely we can withdraw it again :D And it's all for a good cause!

8. critch

I'm sure they'll see it that way! Hope you remember where you put your savings book!

9. critch

Right here's the plan..... in picture form!

[​IMG]

10. scotpaulabear

Maybe you can do manual work on the trip to earn your passage? :D

[​IMG]

11. critch

Yay! Extreme Ironing! Not gonna earn my keep doing that though - I have enough trouble doing it in the kitchen!

This might be more my forte!

[​IMG]

12. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Our (USA) big three automakers should give you the money to speak so succinctly before Congress. And a private jet for the gig!

13. HarperPR

Was watching the Comic Relief trek up Kilimanjaro tonight. Wow, that looks a far tougher and rockier climb than Everest ever was! And about 1000ft higher. I think the LHS team will find this a tough one, but if Cheryl Cole can do it...

There was a piece in the Observer on Sunday which stated that although the climb is technically easy, the altitude and low temperature make it dangerous. Most who try to reach the summit suffer altitude sickness, leading to headaches and breathing problems. Each year nearly 20 climbers and local porters lose their lives in the attempt.

14. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

i read it was 80 :eek:

nick will be fine though.. hes made it past the fateful age of 27... next rough year is 52... :D

15. scotpaulabear

*bump*

Right, seeing as it's the quiet time between tours, pretty please everyone dig deep and throw in a bit of money for the LHS cause in Nick's name - cheer on our kid as he gets ready to conquer another bloody big hill :biggrin:

http://www.lovehopestrength.org/kili/trekkers/nick-harper/

16. scotpaulabear

***BUMP***!!!

Please make a donation if you can :biggrin:

17. scotpaulabear

Have stuck this thread to the top of the 'on tour' heap to make sure all youse lovely people see it and remember to donate early, donate often :wink:

Seriously, on this trip I've been in a chemo ward twice with someone I love very much, worried about my friend's dad who's not doing well at all (and about my friend too!), and seen first hand (without walking up a very large hill!) just how bloody hard LHS works and the great things they do. I'll bet we've all seen what cancer can do to sufferers and families - as Nick says, let's prevent the holes from occurring. PLEASE, if you can dig deep and give in our kid's name, you won't regret it :biggrin:

http://www.lovehopestrength.org/kili/trekkers/nick-harper/

18. HarperPR

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  19. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

20. scotpaulabear

Kat! You star! :hurray: Well done girl!

Our office collection is going really well, I've got everyone following the trek too, at first just to keep me quiet but they're well into it now :D