1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Between Every Line - Reissue; any update?

Discussion in 'General' started by rocketmancs, Jun 24, 2008.

1. rocketmancs

rocketmancs I've got a zappy little nappy

Sadly missing this one ....
    Where has it gone? Will it ever come?

rocketmancs

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

It says on Roy's site that a reissue has been postponed. I'll try to find out what's happening for you ...

3. rocketmancs

Cheers pd!

Appreciated. Yes, I've seen the postponement notice on Science Friction about this. Unfortunately it appeared very soon after the announcement that there would be a 2CD remaster of this, including the re-inclusion of Hangman .... that comment is still up on the site I notice, but no update at all about how long or indefinite the postponement may be ....
    Ho hum.
    Sob.

Do let me know if you garner any real news on this particular planned re-release.

Cheers Roy-fans one and all,

Rocketmancs

4. pd

I have a little bit of information about this now. The basic problem is that in order to restore the proper running order, including hangman, it won't fit on a single CD from the current master. While a 2-CD set could be made, Roy is very keen to make a new version that fits onto a single CD. In order to do that, a proper digital remastering exercise would have to be undertaken. That's why it's in hiatus at the moment; at some point in the future a remastering studio will need to be rented/set up and work done on this and other older albums, and it hasn't been possible to schedule this work yet.

I do get the impression that it will happen eventually, and that the end result will be very much worth it, but for now I think it might make sense to seek out a second hand version of the original release.

5. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

what are peoples thoughts on the 1cd version of flashes? its how i first heard it and its still one of my favorite RH albums but when i eventually got a 2nd hand vinyl copy i thought it was even better. strange to have a live album start off with a studio track! the song order seems to make much more sense when its broken down into four groups, and home is a great song.

6. rocketmancs

Thanks 'pd' for the update.
    Yes, I recall that the original message on Science Friction was that the intention was to restore Hangman. I can be patient. I've been seeking out a copy of the 1CD release (no turntable!), but they don't come up that often and I was delaying based on the original "Reissue" message on SF. Ho hum.

Flashes is indeed a great live record. Never heard the vinyl. I have some old vinyl in the attic, but by the time I came to Roy's music I had gone fully digital (for better or worse - I'm a huge Neil Young fan so I know the strong opinions about this, but heyin the end convenience wins over other considerations - at least mr.Young is squeezing more out the available formats that most artists & record companies will - his HDCD, DVD-A and SS-DVD sound beautiful!)

I'm also VERY partial to Unhinged - I think early 90s Roy is massively underrated.

Cheers for now,

Rocketmancs

7. pd

Regarding Unhinged, I absolutely agree. It's a super release.

I feel the same about the audio on the Beyond The Door DVD and CD (listeners to the podcast will know that I think this is an overlooked gem). So much so that I've extracted the audio from the CD for listening while I'm working, since audio is much less intrusive than video.

8. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

What's a second hand vinyl version of this worth these days (hint, hint) :wink: