1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to get a ROY hangover?

Discussion in 'General' started by NoCelebrity, Aug 17, 2008.

1. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Finally, after looking and looking for 25 years, giving up, waiting for the internet to be invented by AL GORE :wink: and then finding Roy on iTunes, finding the shop, having glitches, trying again, giving up, trying again...

TODAY (tomorrow already over the big pond) I finally received my first order of actual CDs with new (to me) Roy Harper music and The BOOK.

I was listening to podcast 13 (did anyone else notice pd called it #12 once, or was I imagining?) but some reading and music suddenly took precedence.

I'm taking it as slowly as I can.

2. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

The best cure for a Roy hangover is of course hair of the dog.

More Roy, by the bucket load.

3. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Cure for a Roy hangover...

An obvious cure for this affliction is to go and see his son Nick Harper live I would have thought. On reflection I don't think I've ever seen Roy sober [Me! Not Roy!] as he has that time-for-a-party feel about him where he takes you to places other artists don't go like Carlsberg.

If you do want to see Nick then you'll have a chance if you drive down the short distance on the freeway to Peru in October from the affluent village of Winnetka near Chicago where private investors [non -celebrities?] invest their time & money by all accounts on Wikipedia!

chrs
    andi :thumbup1: :smilielol5:

4. NoCelebrity

Which PERU?...

...Are you taking about? There is a PERU in ILLINOIS, INDIANA, NEBRASKA, NEW YORK and the original in SOUTH AMERICA.

While I wouldn't mind getting "High in the Andes" to see Nick and Macchu Pichu, I can't spend that much time away. The others are all close enough, and would be a great present for my 49th B-Day in OCTOBER.

Thanks, ANDI! :m9:

re: living in Winnetka. I apologize profusely!
    re: INVESTING. If you know the RISKS, it's better than giving all your money to the BANKS for them to invest. Most of my money is in my IRA, but saying I'm a Private Investor sounds better (I'm NOT a day-trader!)

5. aspwatterson

Caveat

IRA means something different over here! Hope you're not investing in terrorists!? Banks seem to be losing money these days which gives me some sort of satisfaction in a funny way [No! Not Fanny Mae!]. Wonder when Nick will hit America with his music, perhaps he already has and I don't know it? Would love to go to Macchu Pitchu..see how it pans out...

cheers for noodles
    andi:m9:

6. NoCelebrity

My IRA, Your IRA, The IRA

]Sorry, I forgot. We're pretty familiar with "The" IRA, as I think many of its biggest sponsors are US citizens. Maybe I should've said 401K?

Isn't CANADA American too? Virtually the entire hemisphere, or so I'm told. Didn't I hear during a podcast, Nick played there with his Dad ('91)?

Sorry I can't share stories of Harper concerts. :m17: I heard nothing about Roy for 25 years, either. I saw P.Floyd and Led Zep both in 1977, but I don't think Roy sang "Cigar" in Soldier Field that June. (JP's appearing in the closing Olympic ceremonies briefly!)

P.S. Why can't I figure out how quote other posts?

7. aspwatterson

Quote button

Just press QUOTE button next to the message you are responding to.. it's not rocket science man!

chrs
    andi:45:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  8. NoCelebrity

Don't QUOTE this!

I was focused on the quote reply box/"options" for posting a quick reply, and it wasn't doing anything. I can already tell this way is working. Thanks!:thumbup:

Now why didn't I ever see the QUOTE button in the first place? :confused1: