1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimmy Page and Roy Harper

Discussion in 'General' started by SHAUN I, Mar 12, 2008.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

It was nice to see that again, especially as that's "where I came in". I can recall sitting in front of the TV one pleasant evening, daylight shining through the open blinds, waiting to see Page as none of my mates and I heard anything about him for ages.

But it was the sound of those guitars that blew me away, I'd never heard anything quite like it, and who was this Harper chap anyway? he seemed like quite a character ;)

HTML:
    <object width='780' height='445'><param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/cp/vjVQa1PpcFP--2BApuDIJF72H8OINLrWKPwv_-SdNu8='></param><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></params><embed src='http://www.youtube.com/cp/vjVQa1PpcFP--2BApuDIJF72H8OINLrWKPwv_-SdNu8=' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' width='780' height='445'></embed></object>
    (Presumably we can embed html here)

3. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Same for me, though about a year earlier, then saw both at the Cambrdge Folk Festival in the same year as this was filmed ('84)- Timeless!

4. marky

marky I've got a zappy little nappy

5. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Yikes! I'd have to say you're right, though the fashion sense has sorted itself out in the last few decades :w00t: :rofl:

6. Friar Snig

Friar Snig Computer stained fingers

Thanks for posting those links to the Langdale clips.
    I've not seen them since they were broadcast. Flap me, it was 24 years ago!
    It was just before I first saw Roy live, I was only just beginning to know about him, and probably the first time I ever saw what he looked like.
    I've always wanted to see them again. Now I have! Good stuff!

Now then, it's not far away, I think I might go and find those boulders and sit on them before too long. Just for fun!

7. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Indeed, the beauty of YouTube ;)