1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kate Bush

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Barry, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

I bought her new album yesterday, 50 words for snow, a very dark wintery album mainly bass and piano with vocals, long songs between 8 and 13 minutes.
    Something to spend time listening to in peace, one of the best albums for years, Kate is a bit like Roy, she releases material when she has something worth producing and this is well worth the wait.
    Barry

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I completely agree! I bought it last week and have listened twice so far. Really atmospheric, but will take some more listens to sink in properly.

3. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I've had a few listens too, the first thing that struck me is that her voice is slightly deeper, but in a good way, to me the only downside to this album is the track Snowed In At Wheeler Street, it just seems out of place to the rhythm of the rest of the album, and also because I can't stand Elton John. Overall, not bad, 54 years old and Kate's still going strong!

4. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

I was a bit worried when I heard the fat vile attention seeker was on there but he does ok actually, can't believe I said that, wonder why she didn't ask Roy?

5. Shane

Shane Computer stained fingers

I love the first 4 songs, the elton one and the stephen fry one are fairly rubbish though and 16 minutes of rubbish in the middle of an album is a serious issue! The stephen fry one is particularly bad.