1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kate Rusby sings Sandy Denny

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wee Steve, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Wee Steve

Wee Steve Computer stained fingers

I'm not quite sure what this says about me, but I was watching the last episode of "Jam and Jerusalem" the other week. ...

OK, I know ...

Anyway, right at the end, in the middle of the pagan wedding (don't ask), there emerged the wonderful sound of Kate Rusby singing "Who Knows Where The Time Goes?" - just a snatch, but enough to raise the hairs on the neck.

So, anyway, investigation has revealed that the track is not commercially available, so I thought "Why not?"

So, anyway, since this April will be the 30th anniversary of Sandy's sad farewell, I thought, "What a good idea..."

So, so far, I've contacted Pure records to encourage the idea, and Iain Anderson of Radio Scotland seems to be sympathetic and, according to his show last night, they've had a minorly-positive feedback from Steve Rusby, Apparently Kate was asked specially to do the song by Jennifer Saunders, and it had the whole set in tears.

So, anyway, if anyone of like mind out there feels like adding their voice to the idea of a 30th anniversary tribute from the best female voice in contemporary English folk to the memory of the best female voice and writer of English folk of the last few decades, why not cotact Pure and Kate and the BBC yourselves?

So, anyway, it was just a thought.

Love to all

WS

2. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Her version of Village Green Preservation Society is awful though. It's getting played to death on radio 2.

3. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

Radio 2? I'd have thought you'd be up to radio 3 by now........ at least.... :rofl::rofl::w00t:

4. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

5. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

ouch! :mad::D