1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Led Zeppelin require a new singer ....

Discussion in 'General' started by webbyla, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Green Man

Green Man Guest

The phrase being bandied around some of the Zep forums is "Hatchet job", from those who have managed to blag review copies. I'm not sure whether Roy is mentioned or not, but I would be suprised if he wasn't.

I can't understand where all this "They shouldn't call it Led Zeppelin" thing is coming from either. No official statement has been made, and it is my understanding that Page, Jones, Bonham Jnr & A.N.Other WON'T be using the lucrative brand name. However, no doubt promoters will try and bill it as such as they did with the Plant & Page tours of the nineties.

I will be going to see this. Page & Jones are still both great musicians, and have a lot to offer. The window of opportunity for seeing them play live gets smaller every year. Bonham Jnr did an admirable job at the O2, so I see no reason for this not to happen, just because Bob Plant wants to play Hank Williams for the foreseeable.

As much as I would like to see Nick play some dates with them, I would be concerned as to how he would go down with a "Zeppelin" crowd, particularly in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  2. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

can't see what you're worried about-i like em both! i doubt i'm alone in that...?

3. Green Man

Green Man Guest

Well the snatches of Whole Lotta Love/Dazed/Friends would no doubt go down a treat, and I could definetely see this working or potential UK dates, just not in the U.S. Zeppelin appear to be cool now with lots of rock/metal kids. I'm not sure that some of Nick's quieter, more reflective stuff would work so well. It's all hypothetical anyway!

4. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

aye, fair point! i don't know that much of his stuff, tbh... just like what i've heard. and as you rightly say... hypothetical, anyway!:thumbup:

5. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Zeppel IN or OUT?

I think many of U.S. would want to see any portion of the old ZEP no matter what, but would prefer the obvious. Anyone Jimmy (or RP?) says is good enough for him would please. A boost to anyone's career with a proper intro and rave review by the band.

They reached 200 million ALBUMS sold 10+ years ago, right? That's their advantage over every other band. Still selling strong to new listeners. Suffice to say, there's an audience forever (unless they really screw it up, but they're pretty decent old lads)!