1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legends DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveT, May 10, 2011.

1. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Has anyone who was at the Metropolis gig got their DVD yet? They appear to on sale on ebay now.

2. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Not a sausage yet Steve! Also saw it on Amazon for £8.99

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
  3. Rainbow

Rainbow I've got a zappy little nappy

Just pre-ordered a copy of Roy, BJH and Caravan Legends DVD on Amazon ... delivery date end of May. So those lucky people who were there on the night should be in receipt of theirs before that I would have thought.

4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I had a disussion with a few people on the night about this, but I don't remember reading anywhere that we were to get free copies of the DVD - why do people think we are entitled to a free copy? Of course, Id love one - but I thought we were just getting our names on the credits and thats it !?

5. bigchris

As I am so convinced we don't get a free copy - I've just ordered one, along with the Bill Nelson DVD from the same series ... I'm so gutted that I didn't know Bill had done a similar event ... but then again that would have been £420 for two gigs in as many weeks ... erm probably good that I didn't know about it !!

6. Rainbow

There were as I recall several references re: the DVD in earlier reporting of these events eg:

http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?nItemID=36266

Quote: "YOUR NAME will be on the DVD of the show which will be commercially released around the world and EVERY ATTENDEE will receive a COMPLIMENTARY DVD when edited and manufactured." (The caps are shown thus on the original text btw)

My reference to 'lucky people' was to those who were lucky enough to be able to attend and not to a reference to a complimentary DVD ... I thought the amazon pre-order date might give an indication of the commercial release date of the DVDs and I assumed that any complimentary DVDs would be received earlier than that date.

7. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Yep!

Yep 25th May promised delivery date. Problem is how many copies? Check to see if your name is actually on it and spelt correctly perhaps? Hopefully they included Ian Croppers as per our instruction at reception? Then 10 copies to be ordered for Xmas pressies showing off to all yer mates? :>

A

8. bigchris

I know what you were referring to with the "lucky people" bit. Yeah I wasn't having a go - I just hadn't see any mention of a complimentary DVD - and to be honest I'm surprised they are bothering with one, if they only cost 9 quid - unless of course Roy is going to sign them - now that would be worth it !!

9. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I'm not sure I could find 10 people that would appreciate such a gift.:biggrin:

10. WrexTheDragon

WrexTheDragon I've got a zappy little nappy

Mine has popped through the letter box today and I must say what a good quality DVD it is.

11. Rainbow

My Amazon ordered copy (along with BJH and Caravan) has just flown through the letterbox ... Roy looks very dapper on the front cover ... will be viewing this one in a few minutes.:biggrin:

12. bigchris

The definitive answer

Although I recevived my bought copy this morning, I was still interested to see if we were to get a "free" copy - so I went straight to the horses mouth and asked the studio - this is their reply :

13. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

Thanks for this. :O) the missus asked just last night if she was getting one as well.

14. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

Mine came from Amazon today - just watched it, superb. Another Day is always a highlight for me, now with added back-story!

15. aspwatterson

Received!

Fantastic! :biggrin: Thanks Roy! Couldn't imagine the last 44 years without your influence upon my life, seriously.

A

16. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

Still no DVD(s), 25th has been and gone :confused1:

17. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Time to stir things up...

Watched tracks 1-4 last night, before being being rudely interrupted by a knock at the door (shades of Coleridge and Kubla Khan!)

Have to say, not impressed with Roy's vocals, especially on OMRARB and Don't You Grieve. Not up to the very high standard he set at the Jazz Cafe and the support slot at RFH. Maybe it gets better as he warms up and maybe being there is essential, but I was hoping no one would come in whilst it was on, as my usual shout of 'Philistines' would have been a bit hollow.

Am I in a minority of one here?

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  18. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

I was a bit disappointed with his voice in parts but not having seen him live or heard any live recording since the Beyond The Dood DVD I just put this down to his voice 'aging'! I think it does improve as it goes along though.

For my contentious statement.... never been a fan of WAOCLTC live - I think it drags a bit without the brass band and I find the final bit of vocal repeating 'silly mid on' a bit unnecessary.

Still loved the new DVD as a whole though

19. aspwatterson

Have..

Probably has something to do with the metaphorical, analogous statement the song is making? If you think it's only about cricket, then fair dos. But on the level, when you are saying goodbye to your life and brethren, on your deathbed; it takes on other connotations, and totally within your deserved realm of space/time/lifespan to repeat yourself how silly you've been all your time here on this particular spinning planet and asking for humane forgiveness? Only guessing....?

His [our] voices/minds mature with age; like many other thing I can think of; hopefully, for the next future generations...

Andi 'who likes a nice brass band!' :>

20. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Sometimes it's easy to forget that Roy is 70 years old next month, age must have some effect on the vocal chords, yet he still reaches that upper range, I spoke to him after the gig and he thought he was better in the first half, I definitely thought the second half was better, in terms of warming up on the guitar and vocally. And obviously he doesn't play or sing a fraction of what he used to, the volume and tone at the gig was really spot on, I haven't actually watched the DVD yet, so will be interested to hear what you mean John, I always get a little emotional when listening to Cricketer, it has a tendency to transport me back to some extremely dark times in the past, and nice to hear Roy in the intro dedicate the song to his grandad Frank.