1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legends DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by SteveT, May 10, 2011.

1. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

Just watching again. Me and My Woman is magnificent, voice sounding great.

Ps don't get me wrong, the HQ version of Cricketer had me in tears just last week, love the song.

2. Nigels

Nigels Computer stained fingers

Has anybody else noticed a sound/picture sync problem in the DVD?

3. Johnbarkeriom

Johnbarkeriom Computer stained fingers

No problems here. I take it all back - just watched it again and loved Cricketer!
    Is that possibly the best version of Green Man Ever?
    Perhaps he could do Cricketer with a David Bedford sting arrangement in November....

4. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

Grrrrrr, hope mine arrives soon.

Glad you're enjoying it. I found the all round performance pretty good. There again I'd been hammering the Champers so viewing the DVD will bring back more memories from the evening.

5. JonDoe

JonDoe I've got a zappy little nappy

Got mine yesterday and loved every minute of it, maybe im just easily pleased but i found nothing wrong with it. yes it might not of been perfect vocally or musically but when has Roy ever been about that, from my experences of watching Roy down the years you never get perfect, you get Roy.

listening to Another day was something else after the intro he gave to it, brilliant.

bloody hell just noticed this is my first post and i joined in 2008 :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  6. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

Welcome, toe tagged cadaver...I really do hope my DVD turns up soon....memories are great, but so blooming unreliable....:biggrin:

7. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Up to no.11 in Amazon's Music - Concerts dvd category

8. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

9. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

10. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Could get rather silly this ... VDGG have dropped to 13 and Roy has crept up to that lucky number ( for some ) number 7 !!

11. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Post 500! (just thought I'd mention)

I can't believe I remembered Roy's Birthday today, but forgot to order the DVD.

I could've watched it at least ten times by now!

Oh, and did I mention, this is my 500th post?

12. aspwatterson

Welcome to the bus now you've lost your zappa nappas! Men in little white coats will be waiting to take you away ha ha!

Andi

13. NoCelebrity

4 or 5 Crazee Guys! (that's my icon/avatar, FST!)

It will only take another thousand posts for me to escape!

Thanks, Andi. And how're you doin'?

14. aspwatterson

If

If you message the controller on here it is quite possible to change your avatar nickname to something Harper related.It didn't work out too expensive to get The Unknown Soldier. Am sure Bull in a Ming vase would be up for sale at a reasonable price which might suit your electronic persona? I'd imagine The Green Man though would be priceless as there's only one person on this planet who would deserve such an accolade.

Am fine thanks and in full training for the 20 mile charity hike on 9th July. Actually make myself walk to the pubs / liquor stores now! :m21::54::gnorsi:

Andi

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  15. NoCelebrity

Hang On!

I've been "eligible" for a nickname for a while, Andi. I just haven't made up my mind.

I'm rather fond of Roy's lyric "I can't believe my own ears!"

And is it a "nickname" or a "royname?"

16. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

*groan* :wink:

17. Alan Cynic

Alan Cynic Computer stained fingers

Got mine today.... think I failed an intelligence test by breaking the case trying to open it (there was a red plastic thing which stopped me opening it. I think it might have been an anti-theft device which the shop forgot to remove). Haven't had a chance to see it yet either.

18. NoCelebrity

I'm SLOW but not necessarily DIMWITTED!

Finally ordered my LEGENDS DVD today. In fact, I ordered TWO so I might indoctrinate someone else into our "CULT." It may take a couple weeks, but I find the cheap shipping usually ends up being pretty fast.

And Paul will be happy to know I ordered the VanDerGraff (sp?) Generator DVD too to hear AND see what all the fuss is about.

I first ordered most of the remaining ROY music I don't already have from the shop. I seem to be having a delay with a couple which were downloads (Once and Doodles). On CD I'm awaiting "Les Cousins," the "BBC" set, and "Today Is Yesterday." Oh, NO! I forgot "Loony." (Doubly-disappointing as I now am one and fully qualified to listen to it!)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2011
  19. NoCelebrity

My, how you've groan!

Thank You!...

20. aspwatterson

Ok..

Okay, we believe you, you didn't purloin it! Without being cynical! Nice stuff on latest podcast btw!

Andi